Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Graphic Eye & GRX-RV operation

Graphic Eye & GRX-RV operation

Could anyone help please? i have a Grapic Eye GRX-3106 controlled by a 8 button wallstation and a GRX-AV interface. Scene 5,6,7,8 are selected from buttons on the wall station. Scenes 11,12,13 are activated from the interface inputs (via PIR sensors) When scene 5 is selected zone 6 is fully on and remains so until a scene change which is operation fine. When either scenes 11,12 or 13 are activated (via the GRX-AV) we have programmed zone 6 to be unaffected which again works fine. When either scene 11,12 or 13 PIR deselects the input from the GRX-AV the whole GRX-3106 switches off which takes out zone 6 (scene 5) which we want to maintain as on . could anyone advise what settings we need to adopt to achieve this pleaseMany thanks Phil

Unaffected only applies to the on setting. Anytime the main unit gets an off signal, it will turn all zones off.

The GRX-AV controls groups of 4 scenes and off. The groups are 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16. 11-13 is not an option. Make sure you have the AV addressed correctly, paired with the main unit, and the group selected correctly. Depending on the type of signal you are getting from the sensor, you may need to program a 2nd scene on the Grafik Eye to reverse the on scene.

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...145a199711.pdf
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Unaffected only applies to the on setting. Anytime the main unit gets an off signal, it will turn all zones off. The GRX-AV controls groups of 4 scenes and off. The groups are 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16. 11-13 is not an option. Make sure you have the AV addressed correctly, paired with the main unit, and the group selected correctly. Depending on the type of signal you are getting from the sensor, you may need to program a 2nd scene on the Grafik Eye to reverse the on scene. http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...145a199711.pdf
    Thanks for the advice, i will check addressing and scene options. We have 3 PIR sensors operating individual volt free relay contacts which supply the input signal to the AV, when a person moves in the detection area the relay closes and after the timed duration the relay opens for each sensor individually, Could you kindly explain more about setting up a 2nd scene to reverse the on scene please? (presumably for each sensor/scene)

You program the off scene the same way as the other scenes. Scene 11 might turn the lights on (#5 unaffected) and scene 12 might turn them off (#5 unaffected). If you are only getting 1 signal from the sensor, this would not work. Also, in this mode, the power light on the front of the Grafik Eye will be on because the is in an active scene, not the off scene.

You can also try switching between maintained and momentary on the GRX-AV.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I Have managed to program a scene as you suggested through scene 16 of the AV and that works well, many thanks for your help. Could i ask another question, this time related to a zone which has a single LED driver powering 2 x LED floor lamps, when the zone is off the floor lamps slowly flicker, i guess this is due to the no load voltage coming out of the zone of the grafic eye (measured @ 196v) with no load. Can i install a synthetic load to drop this voltage and consequently stop the floor lights flickering please?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hello Phillip, What you are describing is what we call ghosting. It is somewhat common with LED's. A synthetic load might resolve this issue. We do have a synthetic load interface. The model # of the interface is LUT-LBX. Here is a link to the spec sheet. http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...UT-LBX-1.pdfAs a test to make sure the issue is what you think it is, you can wire in a 50 watt incandescent lamp in parallel to load you currently have on this zone. If the issue corrects when you do this, this is ghosting and the interface will likely correct this. I do find it odd that you are measuring 196 volts however. The Grafik Eye is a 120v control and should not be powered with anything higher than that given a bit of a tolerance. I hope this helps and let us know if you have any further questions.

Egrx-4m

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S. View Post
    Hello Phillip, What you are describing is what we call ghosting. It is somewhat common with LED's. A synthetic load might resolve this issue. We do have a synthetic load interface. The model # of the interface is LUT-LBX. Here is a link to the spec sheet. http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...UT-LBX-1.pdfAs a test to make sure the issue is what you think it is, you can wire in a 50 watt incandescent lamp in parallel to load you currently have on this zone. If the issue corrects when you do this, this is ghosting and the interface will likely correct this. I do find it odd that you are measuring 196 volts however. The Grafik Eye is a 120v control and should not be powered with anything higher than that given a bit of a tolerance. I hope this helps and let us know if you have any further questions.
    Thank you for your reply i think i have sorted the ghosting issue now. I have a EGRX-4M master wallsatation wired in my control circuit but have never been able to get it to talk to all 8 Graphic eye control units. it is set to swicth off all control units with the bottom buton, however only 1 x control unit responds. i have looked on-line for set-up instruction to associate the other control units to the master wallstaion but have not been very sucessful, could you help please

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hi Philip, since you have the EGRX-4M it sounds like you just need to assign the main units to the buttons you want to control them. With that keypad, since it's the master version, you will only be able to toggle scene 1 of the main units that are assigned to each button and the very bottom button will turn all main units off.To assign a main unit to a button you will need to put the keypad into programming mode (press and hold buttons 1 & 4 until 1 button indicator starts to blink) and 1 button will begin to blink. Select the button you want to program and then to assign a main unit go to the Grafikeye and press and hold the Scene 1 button on the front. This will either assign or un-assign that unit to the selected button. Once all your main units are assigned to each button take the keypad out of programming by pressing and holding buttons 1 & 4 again. Now the buttons on the keypad will toggle scene 1 of the main units you assigned to each one. If you need additional help getting this to work you can always call our 24/7 Technical Support and we can assist with getting this working. Our number is 1-888-588-7661

Multiple GraifEye QS units - and wireless WiFi Home automation

I've got 4 x GrafikEye QS units distributed throughout my house. Each of these units controls 6 zones. The units are wired together i.e. I can program any button on any GrafikEye control panels to select zones in any/all rooms.I had these units installed 5 years ago when we renovated our property and now regret not buying something that offered support for WiFi and/or Home Automation solutions.I'm aware there is a "bridge" unit (part number GRX-CI-PRG) which offers the ability to connect the GrafikEye QS control systems via Serial/RS232 and TCP/IP. These are not exactly the cheapest units to buy. I am wondering;1) Is this my only viable option to get WiFi and/or Home Automation integration with my GrafikEye units2) Given that all GrafikEye units are wired together can I use a single GRX-CI-PRG ? Or do I need 1 unit per GrafikEye QS main boards ?3) I'm not a novice when it comes to mucking around with the electronics in my house and know how to be safe whilst installing stuff - Is it simple to install the GRX-CI-PRG unit myself or do I need a Lutron Fitter to do the work ?

Yeah, you have to make sure you have the AV addressed correctly, paired with the main unit, and the group selected correctly.