Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Compatibility Confusion for Lithonia WF6 wafer LED

Compatibility Confusion for Lithonia WF6 wafer LED

Helping my folks with a new construction house they're building. They've decided they want the Lithonia Wf6 wafer LED lights as their primary downlights throughout the house. I'm trying to design a Lutron system that will work accordingly with that. Initially I was leaning towards the RA select system, as it's a pretty big house, but they aren't doing anything with HVAC/thermostats or keypad stuff. Here's my issue- according to the Lutron compatibility tool, none of the Select family dimmers are listed as "compatible". The standard Maestro dimmer, and the RA2 CL dimmer are however listed as compatible. I spoke with two Lutron guys on the phone. One of them told me that according to test data for the WF6 light, the select dimmers "failed" (not sure what that means). A different Lutron guy told me that the RA2 dimmer that was listed as compatible, is basically the same as the Select dimmers, just a diff model name. So at this point I'm basically totally confused on what works and what doesn't. I was also told by both that the RRD-PRO dimmer was not yet tested as it's new. So I guess my main question is- Do any of you guys have experience with these Lithonia WF series lights and integrating with Lutron? If so, any chance they work with select dimmers? I don't really understand what would be so different between the RA2 Dimmer and the Select dimmer... or even the MACL maestro dimmer. The receptacles are all wired with neutrals, so I was going to go with either the neutral LED dimmer (6nd ) or the PRO.. but not really sure what direction I should be moving in. I really want to use Lutron in the house.

Now I am confused. RA2 Select and RadioRA 2 use the exact same dimmers. There is no difference in the model numbers between R2S and RR2. There are several models of dimmer - RRD-6CL, RRD-6ND, RRD-6NA, etc. All of them can be used in R2S or RR2 systems.

Lutron shows the WF6 LED 27K30K35K 90CRI being compatible with the RRD-6CL. The RRD-6CL can be used in either RA2 Select or RadioRA 2 systems.

There is some difference in the various CL models. For example, the Caseta 6CL may have a dimming range of 91-11% for a given bulb. The Maestro CL amy be 90-10%. Not much of a difference but clearly not the same.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Now I am confused. RA2 Select and RadioRA 2 use the exact same dimmers. There is no difference in the model numbers between R2S and RR2. There are several models of dimmer - RRD-6CL, RRD-6ND, RRD-6NA, etc. All of them can be used in R2S or RR2 systems. Lutron shows the WF6 LED 27K30K35K 90CRI being compatible with the RRD-6CL. The RRD-6CL can be used in either RA2 Select or RadioRA 2 systems. There is some difference in the various CL models. For example, the Caseta 6CL may have a dimming range of 91-11% for a given bulb. The Maestro CL amy be 90-10%. Not much of a difference but clearly not the same.
    Interesting. Ok well, that makes more sense. To make things even more hilarious, according to the actual dimming compatibility spec chart from Lithonia Lighting, the RRD-6NA is compatible (but it shows nothing about the RRD-6CL).https://img.acuitybrands.com/public-...ompatibilitySo I guess with that being said, for a bunch of receptacles with neutral wires present, do either of those two dimmers seem like one would be a better option than the other? I'm still pretty new to Lutron.

If Lutron is saying the 6CL, then the fixture is forward phase. I would run the 6ND or PRO set to forward. I had a customer run these on a wallbox power module with no issue, but that was a few years ago. Lithonia may have changed internal driver specs by now.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    clshannon1 thank you for your post.both randyc and SDR-Mike are correct.The RRD-6CL or any RadioRa2 Dimmer can be used in both Ra2 Select or RadioRa2. They use the same dimmer for both. When it comes to LEDs, sometimes things change in the model number and that can affect the way it dims. If you could could provide us with pictures of the label on the LED to leds@lutron.com we can double check the LED compatibility for you. We do apologize for the confusion and hope this helps!