Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Alternatives to Pico

Alternatives to Pico

I am retrofitting a modern house with RadioRa 2 switches and dimmers. I discovered a stairway three-way application where the top and bottom switches were not wired with a traveler (previous installation used Smarthome and I can currently only guess at how this was wired).

This is my first installation and am trying to wrap my head around options. I know that the SeeTouch keypads can be programmed to operate a switch remotely and the Pico switches as well.

But are there any normal paddle switches (like the RD-RD and RD-RS) which can wirelessly act as a remote switch to an RRD-PRO or RRD-8ANS? I want to keep the look and feel consistent and there are only paddle switches (aside from a few keypads) in this application.

I've looked at the wiring diagrams for the RD-RD and RD-RS and they all show a traveler wire connecting the Blue Terminals on each switch.

Thanks for answering an elementary question.

I also do not want to deal with batteries. There is power and neutral to the second location.

It looks like the PX-2B-G is the only option I have that is closest to a standard switch.

I apologize for my ignorance in the previous post. Looks like the wired Pico controls are low voltage and require other parts. I just want a simple 110v wired - wireless control. (I wish you could edit posts for more than 5 minutes!)

The only thing Lutron offers is in the HomeWorks family. You can place a HQS dimmer at the 2nd location and program it so it turns the first dimmer on. The rocker on the 2nd dimmer would only control the load attached. There are some other limitations.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

For an installed RadioRa 2 System, you would hope there would be an upgrade path to add the "more advanced" controls & features. Oh Well. Thanks for confirming what I already knew and feared.