Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: conditional program for raise button

conditional program for raise button

hi all,i would like to ask an question about the master raise function.I have programmed the two column palladiom keypad controlling shade1 Scene1shade2 Scene2shade3 Scene3shade4 R/LShade 1-4 indicates the shade selected, i have wrote an variable for that.If the button 1,3,4 is on, when u press the raise button, the selected shade1,3,4 will be open, vice versa.However, the client wants a master raise function for the lights when the raise button is being hold. In conditional programming, how to i write master raise for the light scene 1,2,3 in the "hold" function?There is no master raise function for me to choose in the conditional program type. And i have no idea on how to write an master raise function in "hold". Could anyone help? Thanks!

It's going to get really complicated, really fast. You can change the default raise/lower buttons to conditionals. On the press tab you would have a conditional that says "if shade 1 is active (per your existing variable), then run action 1." Action 1 would be to lower the shade.

Apply the same procedure to the hold tab except for the lights.

If the keypads are in the same control station in the software, the R/L will apply to the last button pressed on either keypad. For shades I prefer the Open/Stop/Close/Stop button model. It's easy for the owner to understand because it works just like a garage door. Raise/lower would still affect the shades. For the owner it means selecting the item to control and then using R/L to adjust.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    It's going to get really complicated, really fast. You can change the default raise/lower buttons to conditionals. On the press tab you would have a conditional that says "if shade 1 is active (per your existing variable), then run action 1." Action 1 would be to lower the shade. Apply the same procedure to the hold tab except for the lights. If the keypads are in the same control station in the software, the R/L will apply to the last button pressed on either keypad. For shades I prefer the Open/Stop/Close/Stop button model. It's easy for the owner to understand because it works just like a garage door. Raise/lower would still affect the shades. For the owner it means selecting the item to control and then using R/L to adjust.
    "if shade 1 is active (per your existing variable), then run action 1." Action 1 would be to lower the shade." If I use this logic, the shade would be moving in steps. They are not opening at the same time and it is very obvious when the shade are opening/closing together. So I have to make a very complicated logic with all combination, for example, If 1,2,3 on, 4 Off, run Action 1,2,3IF 1,3 On, 2,4 Off, run Action 1,3etc.The question is, if i want to make a master raise button for the light scene in the same button (on the hold function), does it practical?Which means the raise button : Open selected shade(Press), Master Raise of light scene on the same keypad (hold)Thanks!!!