Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In there a guide for Caseta setup and phone app control for low-votage lighting?

Hmmm...so there's no good way to dim these lights? https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Dec...-LED/301227455 This was the lowest wattage they had and there's still too bright on my palms.

According to the link you provided, they are not dimmable. The only dimmable landscape lights I have heard if are the FXLuminaire Luxor line (big $$$).

If you are just looking to adjust the brightness if the fixture once, and infrequently adjust it on a per-fixture basis, look at Kichler VLO. It allows you to adjust the brightness of each landscape lighting head individually.

If you want to dim, prepare to spend a lot more money than the stuff you get from Home Depot. There are other durability/warranty benefits to going high-end but Kichler integrated LED heads with VLO are well over $100 each. I have no experience with FX but it definitely won’t be cheaper. They are known to be the highest end, best landscape lighting system in the business.

It sounds expensive because it is.

Sorry this probably wasn’t the answer you were looking for, but I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by evankirkhart View Post
    According to the link you provided, they are not dimmable. The only dimmable landscape lights I have heard if are the FXLuminaire Luxor line (big $$$). If you are just looking to adjust the brightness if the fixture once, and infrequently adjust it on a per-fixture basis, look at Kichler VLO. It allows you to adjust the brightness of each landscape lighting head individually. If you want to dim, prepare to spend a lot more money than the stuff you get from Home Depot. There are other durability/warranty benefits to going high-end but Kichler integrated LED heads with VLO are well over $100 each. I have no experience with FX but it definitely won’t be cheaper. They are known to be the highest end, best landscape lighting system in the business. It sounds expensive because it is. Sorry this probably wasn’t the answer you were looking for, but I hope this helps.
    Thank you for this info. I wouldn't need to adjust frequently - I was just looking for a way to set a dim level once and leave it. I am a bit surprised that there's no way to use a dimmer between the transformer and these bulbs, but I guess that's what I get for purchasing these bulbs prior to researching. I suppose I can still set them up with the Caseta, but for dimming my only option now looks to be tinted film over the bulb glass itself...

You also need to verify if you can bypass/disable the automatic features of that transformer. The photocell and the timeclock would be between the switch and the transformer so the switch would never see the load. There might be an issue with the clock being powered off by a switch. If you turn the system off at midnight, then on again at 6pm, the clock might still think it is midnight. Not an issue if you can bypass the clock though.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Well this transformer is only for 1 of about 4 zones I have to setup. Still need to buy 3 more. Is there a recommended transformer to use with the Caseta setup?

The transformer is the issue. It's NOT dimmable. I would recommend http://www.semperfipowersupply.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12