Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pair two 6NDs so they mirror each-other?

Pair two 6NDs so they mirror each-other?

Hi,I have a project where there is a hallway with two overhead lights. Each light is controlled separately by two dimmers at each end of the hall. In retrospect, using a hybrid keypad would have been a better (though more expensive) way to design it but I already have two 6NDs installed.Is there a way to "pair" the two dimmers together, so one will follow the other? This would let me turn on both hall lights at the same time. Currently, each one has to be turned on unless I use a keypad in a different room to turn them both on.If no way to pair, any creative ideas for this? I suppose the simplest thing short of swapping in a hybrid keypad would be to add pico remotes ganged at each switch location and have them control both dimmers. I would love to figure out a more elegant solution, though.Thank you!

No. This is a feature reserved for HomeWorks. Why, I have no idea. I would recommend a hybrid keypad. You could try the Pico thing but it won’t look or work very well, since you will have to teach everyone to only use the Pico, not the dimmer like they normally do. The non-techie approval factor drops to almost zero when there are special rules (don’t touch this switch, only adjust the volume here, etc.)

You could move the 6ND to a garage or somewhere that doesn’t have RA2.

Hope this helps!

You could do this in HomeKit if the user is an Apple person and you have the Connect Bridge 2. Can also be done through third party- Control4, RTI, URC, hubitiat, HomeSeer, etc.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Hi all, thank you for the information. I am not too familiar with Homekit, can it run on any ios device (client has an iPhone) or does it require a HomePod? Client does have an Echo at home and does have a connect bridge 2.For my own use, I use Homeseer and like it but am not sure it would be the right choice for this client as he really wants a set and forget type of solution.That said, it seems like Homekit would be a promising solution. Will look into it more. Thank you!