Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Disable Lutron Homeworks and installing a traditional system with regular switches

Disable Lutron Homeworks and installing a traditional system with regular switches

I installed Homeworks, been having various problems with it since day one. Lots of issues-probably wiring issues, processor burn out, slow response times, programming, wifi issues, etc. And just plain expensive getting technicians to troubleshoot. I know the keypads are all low voltage and not your typical bx cable. But is it still possible to disable the system and go back to traditional switches?

I'm not a HomeWorks expert, but the simple answer is no. Trying to get rid of a centralized HomeWorks system would be a nightmare since it is essentially a rewire of the house. I would recommend that you look into modernizing to QS (if you haven't already) and consider switching to RF keypads if you/the dealer think some wiring is bad. HomeWorks whether QS or legacy (and every other lighting control system for that matter) is a computerized lighting system. When installed correctly by a competent dealer, the sheer convenience and luxury are incredible. Any computer system can have issues for a myriad of reasons. It will take a skilled person to find out why the system is not working. I think it might be worth it to talk with another dealer to hear their input since they might have something new to say. Find one at: http://www.lutron.com/en-us/Pages/WT...buy.aspx?AID=1 Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by evankirkhart View Post
    I'm not a HomeWorks expert, but the simple answer is no. Trying to get rid of a centralized HomeWorks system would be a nightmare since it is essentially a rewire of the house. I would recommend that you look into modernizing to QS (if you haven't already) and consider switching to RF keypads if you/the dealer think some wiring is bad. HomeWorks whether QS or legacy (and every other lighting control system for that matter) is a computerized lighting system. When installed correctly by a competent dealer, the sheer convenience and luxury are incredible. Any computer system can have issues for a myriad of reasons. It will take a skilled person to find out why the system is not working. I think it might be worth it to talk with another dealer to hear their input since they might have something new to say. Find one at: http://www.lutron.com/en-us/Pages/WT...buy.aspx?AID=1 Hope this helps!
    Thanks for input. I am running on QS now. My shades, i am using Lutron wireless and some wireless controls. Everything has been a nightmare because a technician either needs to visit or do it remotely. Meanwhile the VPN we set up for the Lutron tech interferes with all my other devices. Thanks again for your response.

I recommend you use the link Evan provided and contact the Lutron rep for your area. They can evaluate your system and issues and recommend another dealer. They also need to know that the original dealer might need some additional training.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com