Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: L-BDGPRO2 does not stay on

L-BDGPRO2 does not stay on

Recently I lost the ability to manage my Caseta Wireless lights via my app or Alexa. I went to the hub and unplugged it then plugged it back in. The lights come on solid for about 30 seconds then go off. I have had power outages in the area recently so am wondering if my hub has become fried or if there is some way to troubleshoot the problem. I've gone to the troubleshooting center on the website but the only states that are discussed is the light is solid or flashing, neither of which is my problem. I've plugged it into several different outlets with the same results.

The light on the bridge should go out after it completes the boot process. This could take up to 2 minutes.

Alexa and the app require internet access to the bridge. If you call tech support they can tell you if they can see the bridge.

Sometimes ISPs will update their modems, usually without notice. The process typically involves resetting the modem to factory defaults. The modem may need to be in bridge mode for the Caseta bridge to see the Internet. Caseta bridge and bridge mode are 2 different things. Smart devices like computers and phones can access the Internet in either mode. Not-so-smart devices like the Caseta bridge need bridge mode to access the Internet.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Prybsinmaine View Post
    Recently I lost the ability to manage my Caseta Wireless lights via my app or Alexa. I went to the hub and unplugged it then plugged it back in. The lights come on solid for about 30 seconds then go off. I have had power outages in the area recently so am wondering if my hub has become fried or if there is some way to troubleshoot the problem. I've gone to the troubleshooting center on the website but the only states that are discussed is the light is solid or flashing, neither of which is my problem. I've plugged it into several different outlets with the same results.
    The microusb connectors in these hubs are very fragile. Try another microusb plug...if not you probably need a new hub.

Lutron Technical Support
    The light ring on the Caseta Bridge should always remain on. Your best bet would be to call tech support and to have them check the status of the bridge. It sounds like it needs to be replaced.

Lutron Technical Support
    The Caseta bridge should be on at a dim glow. It should not be bright, and it should not be off.Please call Lutron's 24-hour Technical Support hotline at 1-844-588-7661 when you are on location with the bridge.