Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Geofencing and SmartAway don't exist

Geofencing and SmartAway don't exist

Am I the only one who doesn't see these features at all? I bought and setup my Caseta system back in May. Geofencing and SmartAway were never options within my app. I've contacted tech support numerous times over the past five months and they still have no soluton. Running Lutron version 6.5.4 on a Pixel XL 2 on Android 10. Feeling pretty ripped off at this point. Do these features work fine for everyone else?

Maybe a stupid question - Did you set up your home location?In iOS under Settings -> Advanced -> Time and Location

No stupid questions, I'd be happy to have missed something simple! Home location is set. I went back in and hit save again just in case but still don't see the options for geofencing and smartaway.

Lutron Technical Support
    This is most likely related to the display size on the Pixel phone. In Android settings > "Display" > "Display size" it is possible to adjust the layout of the screen with +/- buttons. Adjusting this to make the display size "small" causes the Lutron app to hide the geofencing options. A possible workaround would be to change the display size back to "default".

Well that did it but I'm confused as to why? Why would a smaller resolution (which displays MORE by default) hide an option?? Further, why am I expected to beta test for these things? A Google Pixel phone is hardly an obscure choice. If you're selling your product in stores you should have simple kinks like this worked out. I've been emailing Lutron for six months about this, it's pathetic that this is the issue and they couldn't figure it out...

"why am I expected to beta test for these things?"Because it is Google and they do what they want! Just like when thy bought Nest, they said that nothing will change and it will only get better. Remember Nest's "Works With Nest" (WWN) campaign/slogan? It integrated with third-party smart home products. Nest screwed all the third-party smart home products, by shutting this down. Now Nest ONLY works with "Works With Google Assistant" (WWGA). This also affects Caseta, which was one of Nest's "partners". Not anymore, even though Nest had assured Lutron back in May, that they will continue to work with Lutron.