Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Controlling Caseta lights on Windows

Controlling Caseta lights on Windows

My wife is disabled and needs to use an eye-controlled computer that runs Windows 10. Is there a way to control our Caseta wireless lights on Windows? On her iPhone, she can use either HomeKit or the Lutron app, but she is getting to a state where she can't use her iPhone anymore.

Previous versions of HomeWorks had a web interface. If you connected via browser you would have access to web keypads. There is nothing in the current systems though.

Is voice control an option? If not, you would need to look at one of the 3rd party HA systems like SmartThings, etc.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

You can use a 3rd party control system like Hubitat to control Caséta devices. Hubitat's dashboards are just web pages. The Hubitat dashboards are not the most polished, but once set up they will do what you desire. You need to use a Smart Bridge Pro to integrate with almost all 3rd party systems.

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Previous versions of HomeWorks had a web interface. If you connected via browser you would have access to web keypads. There is nothing in the current systems though. Is voice control an option? If not, you would need to look at one of the 3rd party HA systems like SmartThings, etc.
    No, voice control is not an option. Has anyone been able to use IFTTT? First off, I can't figure out how to use it (I guess I will need to watch some YouTube videos or something). Second, it still seems like it's geared towards making widgets that work on iPhone or Android, and not so usable on Windows or a web browser. At least, I haven't been able to get anything to work yet in the browser.