Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Under cabinet lighting

Question Under cabinet lighting

I bought a Maestro MSCL-OP153M for motion sensing on and dimming under cabinet strip lights (mounted on top of cabinets) for abeyance. The WesTech strip lights I bought did not work, even though they state that they are dimmable. I did work through the directions included with the Maestro dimmer and searched the online compatibility list. Nothing mentions strip lights. Question; Are there any strip or puck lights that are compatible with the Maestro? Or should I buy a different type dimmer? Thank You! eZAK

The OP153M is a leading edge/forward phase dimmer. Sometimes referred to as "incandescent dimmers." You should confirm the WesTech is forward phase. If it is trailing edge/reverse phase or electronic low voltage, it would not be compatible. There is no trailing edge/reverse phase sensor/dimmer combination.

Generally speaking, a dimmer with a neutral connection is going to be a better solution. Lutron makes a series of remote sensor (RPS family) that works with Caseta (non-system), RA2 Select, and RadioRA 2 dimmers. It's a more expensive option but more flexible as well.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

To adjust the brightness of the lighting, you need to put a core that will rotate, then the intensity of the lighting will change. I am an opponent of such light bulbs as they heat the facade of the kitchen. I have facades from https://cabinetselect.com/how-much-d...cabinets-cost/ and I decided to make a blackout, but I bought other lamps that will not shine so bright, so as not to spoil the color of the wood. I also note that there is a chance of color fading, so it is better to keep light sources away from such coatings, or treat them with special solutions and paint materials.