Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RRD-8ANS not registering

RRD-8ANS not registering

I recently installed a RRD-8ANS for our outdoor patio light but can't seem to activate on the ra2 software. Activation process starts, I can press down on the switch to trigger the beep sound on the repeater. But the ra2 software does not recognize and activate. Any ideas? I tried resetting the switch and restarted the software just in case. The only thing I can think of is the switch is out of range but there's a 6cl switch nearby that works perfectly. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dougpark464 View Post
    I recently installed a RRD-8ANS for our outdoor patio light but can't seem to activate on the ra2 software. Activation process starts, I can press down on the switch to trigger the beep sound on the repeater. But the ra2 software does not recognize and activate. Any ideas? I tried resetting the switch and restarted the software just in case. The only thing I can think of is the switch is out of range but there's a 6cl switch nearby that works perfectly. Thanks.
    I have seen that problem. Try activating it with the serial number. That worked for me.

If you haven't done a factory default on the switch, I would definitely do that. There are occasions that the switch or dimmer comes from the factory still attached to the test system (100% end of line testing, including getting it onto a system). That's usually fixed my issues.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols