Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Main Repeater lockup ever few days

Question Main Repeater lockup ever few days

I've got a main repeater that stops responding ever other/few days and needs a reboot (power pull) to get back going again. When it's locked up all 4 communication lights are blinking red. I've heard this may be a "Telnet lockout" but I can't find any docs on or reference in the troubleshooting docs (that I've found).It's programmed with inclusive 12.0.1How can I troubleshoot this to find out what's causing it or turn off the lockout feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcor View Post
    I've got a main repeater that stops responding ever other/few days and needs a reboot (power pull) to get back going again. When it's locked up all 4 communication lights are blinking red. I've heard this may be a "Telnet lockout" but I can't find any docs on or reference in the troubleshooting docs (that I've found).It's programmed with inclusive 12.0.1How can I troubleshoot this to find out what's causing it or turn off the lockout feature?
    This sounds like you should call support on site to troubleshoot. Grabbed from here: https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...ED-blink-codes Status LED's are blinking RED Meaning: The Main Repeater is in "Boot Safe" mode. This means the Main Repeater was unable to boot up. Possible causes: Causes vary from case to case. If the issue persists, please call our Technical Support at 1-800-523-9466. Remedy: Remove the Main Repeater from the network. Disconnect the 3rd-party RS-232 and Repeater Link, if present. Directly connect your computer to the Main Repeater using a single Ethernet cable. Use the RadioRA 2 software to re-upload the OS. If the issue persists, contact Technical Support for additional assistance.

It’s not the status lights, it’s the 4 communications lights.

Is this main repeater being controlled by a third party?
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Yes, URC Total Control system

Check that you have the user and password correct in the URC. Too many attempts over a short time to connect via telnet will result in a safe mode main. User lutron. Password integration. Unless you are on 12.2, in which case you'll need to create a user and password in the software and transfer into the main. Then use that user and password in URC.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols