Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DVRF-5NS doesn't work "right away"

Question DVRF-5NS doesn't work "right away"

I installed a bunch of these Smart Switches a few months ago and they are all working great. Just a few days ago, I noticed that one of the LED lights in the kitchen, the fixture above the table, was off when it should be on. I checked the switch and the small LED was lit as if the light was on but it was not. I cycled the switch, pulled out the bottom slider, tried the PICO remote and the app but the light stayed off. A while later I went through the kitchen and saw the light was on!

I then tried turning it off and on with the switch, the PICO, and the app, and it went on and off perfectly. It worked fine for the rest of the day.

The next morning, however, the same thing happened. The switch thinks its on but the light does not light - right away. It will come on some time later!

Anyone have any ideas or seen this before? It worked fine for the past 6-8 weeks

THANKS

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello JonUrban,

We are sorry to hear about this misbehaving DVRF-5NS. This control is polarity sensitive, this means that the power feed (hot) must be on the black wire of the DVRF-5NS and load on the red. Could you please verify this by either swapping the black and red wires or measuring the common with a voltage pen or meter? We understand this has been working for quite some time already. If the control continues to misbehave beyond this line/load verification, please contact our support by emailing us at support@lutron.com or calling us at 1-888-588-7661. I have generated case number 02864992 for your reference!