Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: app can't connect after changing home network

app can't connect after changing home network

Hi folks... Got any pointers for a situation where I changed my internal home network IP address scheme and I can't seem to figure out how to do that with Caseta. The app offers nothing but a "connection failed' message and the offer to 'retry'. There is a setup gear in the upper right, but nothing for me to do within that area. Lots of items are greyed out because of the connection error.

I also tried holding the button on the back of the smart hub for 20 seconds. It did flash a little at that time, but the app still couldn't find it.

If it matters, I do have several switches already setup, plus a motion sensor. I'd hate to rebuild everything just because the network IP address's changed. But if that is what is needed, so be it.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello, welcome to the Forums. When you perform the 20-second reset, make sure you let go of the button press as soon as the hub begins flashing its indicator light ring to make sure the network refresh goes through properly.

If this doesn't work, try power cycling all equipment, network-wise as well as the Caseta hub.

Also, we can recommend a static IP for the Caseta hub, but this must be done on your network; there are no separate network settings in the Caseta App.

If these do not fix the issue, email into our support team at support@lutron.com, or call us at 1-844-LUTRON1 for further assistance, and we would be happy to get to the bottom of the issue with you!