Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 4 speed Caseta Fan control has only 1 speed Full max or nothing

4 speed Caseta Fan control has only 1 speed Full max or nothing

I replaced an old fan speed control (one with a turning knob) into a Caseta and now it spins full speed on max position. If I slow it down from there one step it goes extremely slow (like 1 rev every second) and positions 1 and 2 give no speed. If I speed up from 1 to 3 the third step won't generate enough power to even slightly make it turn...Can I adjust the speed intervals?Thanx in advanceHans

There is no way to adjust the speed settings.

Make sure the pull chain on the fan is on high.
    Make sure the power in is connected to the screw terminal.
    Make sure you have the neutral connected. Not all white wires are neutrals.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Did you find a solution to this? My hunter fan & Lutron Caseta combo also seem to have the same issue. High is good, but the other speed settings are so low. Fan chain is on high. Would be nice to control the speed setting intervals on the caseta.

This seems to be a common problem across all of there switches. From my reading I see lots of people complaining about full speed or extremely slow speeds. I have a maestro wall mount single pole 4 fan speed/ light dimmer switch controlling Edison fans and I’m in the same boat. Has anyone solved this issue? I don’t even see an adjustment listed in advanced programming (fass)

Just bringing this one back up. I am in the same boat with a brand new Hunter AC fan. I get slow on speed settings 1-3 and then high on speed setting 4. Of coarse the middle is where we would want the fan 90% of the time. Hoping someone has found a way to make this work.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello Daniel, welcome to the Forums. May we ask the model number of your Hunter fan? Some fans have current limiters or otherwise proprietary modules/receivers in the fan itself that limit the use of 3rd-party speed controls such as Lutron's from working with them. Instead, often the fan manufacturer's own speed control needs to be used to ensure compatibility.

I have a Hunter Mosley Model#: 50962

Lutron Technical Support
    To ensure the best compatibility, we recommend installing the PD-FSQN on a pull-chain style fan. Looking into the installation guide for the Hunter Mosely it appears to come standard with its own inwall control. This could mean that the motor inside the fan was designed around the provided control. We suggest calling Hunter and inquiring if this fan can be used on third party fan speed controls.

I called Hunter and they stated that their fan requires that you use their provided rotary knob speed controller. Just amazed that it is 2023 and this technology requires you to use a fan from the past or skip the technology option for the wall control and use a rotary knob to control a newer style fan. Just backwards.