Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Keypad High, Medium, Low Toggle

Keypad High, Medium, Low Toggle

Im trying to program my keypad to operate a group of lights in a single room to set levelsMy intentions are:High - 100%Medium - 60%Low - 25%When pressing the "high" button, the "high" indicator led would be on. If pressing "Medium", the lights would drop to 60% and the "Medium" indicator would come on. Pressing the "Medium" button would turn the lights off. My problem is that when I press one of the buttons, all 3 indicator lights come on. Currently they are programmed to toggle control/room monitoring. Should it be set to something else?

Change to "Path of Light". you will still have the toggle function, but the LED readout for the indicators will track EXACT levels, so this behavior should stop. toggle/Room Monitoring has the LEDs set to ANY level- i.e, if on at ANY level, then the indicator will be on.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Your High-Medium-Low buttons should be set to "scene control" and then have an "all off" button. This will get you the LED feedback you want

@Trax95008- that would be the case under most circumstances, but OP stated he wanted to have the button also turn off the load (eliminates the need for a fourth "off" button). Path Of Light is your best friend here- LED logic is the same as a scene (exact levels), while the button logic remains a toggle. Now if they would only make a shared path of light for the L2s...
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols