Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: No way to edit device types after they have been added???? (Inclusive 12.2.1)

No way to edit device types after they have been added???? (Inclusive 12.2.1)

Today I sent my very new very gung ho assistant to do a site survey of a home we are setting up. Normally we just go through with the electric plans and make sure everything lines up or do a basic sketch that has all the switches as built before we design. So Johnny on the spot went though the whole home with his laptop and built everything in the software using what is already there, EG selecting 3 way switches and 2 way switches where appropriate, labeling zones and locations etc. AWESOME I thought. now I just need to edit the device types and I am all set... However our friends at lutron seem to have a different plan... It looks like you cannot just change a device type once it is entered. Am I missing something??? It seems that this is so basic. I of course can just delete and re enter but then I have to re type zone, location, blah blah. I just cant believe you can't change a switch to a dimmer without deleting and re adding....

On the design tab, double-click on the device or right click and select edit. In the right column, click on "choose alternate model."

There seems to be a bug in 12.2 where it changes the device model if you move through the fixture wattage field. You may have to change the device type to prevent the software from adding a PHPM.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    On the design tab, double-click on the device or right click and select edit. In the right column, click on "choose alternate model."
    Nope. This only let's you change a model within its family EG a RRD-6ND to a -6NA. it will not let you change from a standard switch or a keypad to a dimmer or vice versa.