Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: VPN with QS using Parallels and Windows 10

VPN with QS using Parallels and Windows 10

I have been unsuccessful in using a VPN to connect to client systems an program a system with QS. I can connect to their network, but QS will only use the Ethernet connection and NOT the VPN connection. I am using macOS 14.1.5 (Mojave), Parallels 15, Windows 10 (with all the current updates). When I open a console window, and type ipconfig, I see both Ethernet and VPN interfaces with proper IP addresses. I can ping the processors successfully, but cannot get QS to use the VPN connection.Am I missing something in the Window configuration the tells programs to use one interface v.s. another?

I believe that, even though you are running parallels, MAC OS still handles external communication. Lutron uses FTP and Apple blocks it by default. There is a setting somewhere in MACLAND that will allow Windows and/or HQS to communicate externally.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I don't buy that... It the macOS was blocking FTP, then I wouldn't be able to use Parallels/Windows to manage QS systems. The issue is with Windows 10 not allowing QS to use another connection interface. - a minor correction, I cannot ping the processors on a VPN connection, but I can ping the VPN router. But when I try to activate in QS, the connection fails (Not Responding). This is clearly a VPN/Windows/Parallels issue.Has anyone else had success using VPN with Parallels/Windows 10/QS to connect and upload?

I'm not trying to sell you anything. I'm relaying some information that I received from a guy that was an Apple Genius before he came to work for the company I used to work for. I don't use MAC and it was some time ago. I'm sure something got lost in the translation.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks Randy - I did not imply you were selling anything... I am looking for someone who has make this work and find out what the solution was/is. I have several clients that have VPN's setup, so that I can have remote access, however none of them work with the configuration I have. I don't have a Windows based machine to use, and I don't need to buy one for just one or two projects.