Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lutron Aurora help

Lutron Aurora help

Hi. I have a full HUE system with 2 hubs. Recently a Lutron Aurora dimmer switches stopped working properly. Specifically the dimming with the dial turn works but the on/off button press does not. I’ve examined all hue settings and can not find a problem. I changed light bulbs to check that the bulb was good. I changed to a brand new Lutron Aurora switch.

All have same result. Dial function dims up and down but button press does not turn light on or off.

Anyone else have this problem?

Ps - sorry if this is posted in wrong forum

Thanks for posting about this! I just installed two Aurora switches today and I have the exact same problem. The dimmers work when I turn them, but do not turn the lights on/off when I click.

Does Lutron need to do a software update or something?

Also

I am suspecting a software update. Just to clarify, I have several other auroras working properly. I’ve installed them a dozen times, I know how to do it and have also factory reset the dimmers. Something is wrong and there must be other people experiencing this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskylaw View Post
    I am suspecting a software update. Just to clarify, I have several other auroras working properly. I’ve installed them a dozen times, I know how to do it and have also factory reset the dimmers. Something is wrong and there must be other people experiencing this issue.
    Is your switch still not working you press it? Mine isn't :(

Support told me the following which worked (I did option 1):Over the weekend we became aware that Lutron Aurora devices could not be properly commissioned into the Hue bridge system. After commissioning the Aurora’s dimming functioned properly, but button presses were not registered. The issue has been fixed and Aurora dimmers will commission properly at this time. Users that were affected should do one of the following to correct the issue: 1. Change the configuration of the Aurora dimmer in the Hue app, i.e. change the room where the device is assigned, save your settings, then move it back to the correct room. Or, M2. Delete the Lutron Aurora device from the app (Bridge), make the Aurora device factory new and reassign the device to the bridge.

Thanks for the heads up. Mine appears to now be working. I didn’t do anything different. Did another manufacturer reset (hold button 3 times until it starts to blink then push 3 more times until it blinks red). Then I paired it again and it’s working.

Not sure what they changed but I’m glad.