Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RRD-PRO vs RRD-6ND?

RRD-PRO vs RRD-6ND?

Any compelling reason to switch to the -pro vs the -6nd? I can get the -6nd for about $20 cheaper per unit so unless there is a really good reason I'll stick with them.

Compelling? The PRO has a higher LED capacity (250w vs 150w) and can do forward or reverse phase (must be manually set). The PRO also supports Hi-lume. The 6ND has a higher MLV rating.

i think the value of the PRO is as an alternative to the 6NA.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Is it easy to set the forward and reverse phase manually by the way?

If you know exactly what goes in and the 6ND does the job then save the $20 but now days decorators and homeowners don't tell you exactly what type of load it will be there - just "it's LED" and so the PRO would be a godsend. Unless it's 0-10V I would get the pro when there are unknowns. By the way, whatever happened to CL? lol. I did not care for it because with smaller loads they wouldn't go off and even with regular loads they wouldn't dim down as low as the 6ND while adjusting the low end trim. I heard they kind of wet the bed with MLV loads too so I guess the CL is completely discontinued now?

CL should still stay around, need the price point for a non-neutral dimmer. but I could see Lutron doing away with it. Come on over to my house- I have mostly 6Ds.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

To manually set the phase, right click on the dimmer in the design tab then select advanced options. The same way you would force a 6NA to forward or reverse.

I've been fairly successful (i.e. lucky) at getting designers to avoid 10v. For quoting I always use the 6NA. When it comes time to order product, I use the 6ND whenever possible.

As Mike note, the 6CL will be around for a long time as there are plenty of homes out there that don't have a neutral in every box.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

RadioRA 2 Maestro dimmers incorporate advanced features such as fade on/fade off, delayed long fade to off, and rapid full on. RadioRA 2 Maestro local controls include a Front Accessible Service Switch (FASS) for safe lamp replacement. RadioRA 2 Maestro local controls install in single-pole or multi-location applications.

On another note, I noticed that when I pick RRD-6ND as a dimmer, it automatically attaches a $355 Phase-Adaptive Power Module to the bill of materials and there is no way to take it off unless I change the dimmer to PRO. Is this a not so subtle hint by lutron to get the PRO?

@SparkyCoog- that's a known bug. I think if you enter something into the fixture count and wattage, then switch to the 6ND, the PHPMs won't show. Lutron is aware and trying to fix the problem. Someone else reported here on the forums.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I feel that way too, it's more an alternative for the 6NA bc of the selectable dimming phase.I'm wondering where I should use 6NA instead of the Pro? Higher max capacity, or lover minimum wattage? Other than that... I don't know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast