Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New RRD-PRO Dimmer

I called Lutron weeks ago to ask what “mode” the dimmer was in and they had no idea.

Wouldn’t the dimmer go into the protection mode and flash the LEDs depending on the issue.

I know this is an old thread, but since the question was never answered, for posterity and search engine sake; the question was asked: " I find that I can't select the phase, nor set the low end trim below 35%." I recently had the same issue until I realized I had selected the wrong load type. If you choose "LED Lutron 1% Phase Control (2-wire) Dimmer" the RRD-PRO is available as a model, but you will be restricted to Forward Phase and 35-45% low-end trim. The Device Type you want (for LED recessed cans, for example) is ELV/MLV Phase Selectable Dimmer. Choose RRD-PRO as the Model. You can then choose the phase and trim levels, which will default to Reverse and 1-99%.

The primary difference in my experience is that the pro has far fewer issues and works with all kinds of loads. The 6NA has been a pain in the butt with LED and different transformers... often going into safety mode (three green lights of death) or even failing completely. The 6na is supposed to auto detect the forward or reverse phase (i don't trust it, and set it to phase i want), and the pro REQUIRES you to select the appropriate phase. In a project I did right before the pro came out.... i had 7 6na's fail to handle their load... often freezing up in three green light safety mode. This happened on both magnetic and electronic low volt led transformers... I replaced them with pro's and everything worked fine. I only use pro's now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12