Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wiring Maestro timers together

Wiring Maestro timers together

Is it possible to wire Maestro timers together so that a device will stay running if either timer is supplying power? I'm swapping the in ceiling fan units for a single centralized/ducted solution and would like to keep my timers but I'm not sure if they'll work/can be wired like the ones in the link below.https://www.hvacquick.com/howtos/howto_fd60em.php

I tried it once with the MA-T51 (non-neutral) and it did not work. Tech support really didn't/couldn't say why, just that it would not work.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hello All,Thank you for your posts! Unfortunately, the Maestro MA-T51 countdown timer is only rated for a single pole application with one point of control via the spec sheet @ http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum..._Submittal.pdf . As it is a digital control, in order for it to be applicable to be used in a 3-way application it would need an additional blue "communication" terminal screw to receive a signal from a companion unit that is wired on the same circuit. In this case we do not offer this type of countdown timer that could be used in a multi-location application. We do appreciate the feedback and will ensure this inquiry gets passed along to our product development teams for review. Hope this info helps! -JustinF.

Actually you do. The MA-T51MN has a blue "communication" terminal. It works with a MA-AS but that only provides on/off control at the other locations. It doesn't indicate time left or to allow you to adjust the time.

I asked this question a long, long time ago. For what ever reason, Lutron has no interest in updating the MA-T51 timers. They won't even update them so they can operate in parallel.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hi Randyc,Thank you for your reply and correction to my previous comment! You are absolutely right that the neutral based version of our Maestro countdown timer (Model # MA-T51MN) can in fact be utilized in a 3-way application with a Maestro companion switch (Model# MA-AS). Thank you for the correction again!-JustinF.

i wanted to know the answer to this question as well.I want to install the MA-AS-WH companion for the MA-T51 Timer.I read the instructions and it seems the companion must be installed on the line side and not the load sidethe problem is that i think my line side is the one on the upstairs bathroom where my timer is located, this means i would not be able to install the timer on them main bath, but only the companion switch, which would not work for my needs as i am not going to go downstairs to adjust the timer every time.