Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Approaching device limit

Approaching device limit

I know the device limit has been raised to 75 but I have what may be a silly question. I am designing out my renovation using a lot of dimmers and Picos paired as 3 way switches. Does that pair count as one or 2 devices?In some cases I have a pico set to control a group of dimmers. Is that a different count scenario?TIARobb

Each Pico counts.If you don't need dimming control at both locations of a 3 way, you can use one of the dimmers that allows for a mechanical switch at the second location to keep the count down.

Is the device limit driven by the bridge? If I move to a Hubitat Elevation controller instead of the Caseta Bridge would that limit change?Robb

The device limit is built into the bridge. You would need to set up a second system with a new login/account, and then use Hubitat to link the two systems.
    Business Development Associate- Design, Sales, Installation, and Programming of Smart Homes for Baker Electric Home Energy
    mbalay@bakerhomeenergy.com
    "Spread the light, brother" -Blake Richetta
    "If you think hiring a professional is expensive, wait until you hire an amateur" -Crustyloafer

Some hubs, like Wink, directly control Caseta devices. The Caseta bridge is not required. I don't know what the specific device limit is per Wink hub. You can have multiple Wink hubs so you can have a larger footprint. Wink seems to work well but I am not a fan of the app interface or the in-wall control. I have a client that is switching to the Brilliant in-wall controls. Seems much better than the Wink device.

If you are selecting a hub, make sure it supports all of the Caseta devices. I know Wink supports Serena shades but not Triathlon. The ceiling fan control is fairly new. Some hubs may not support it yet.
    LED, Incorporated
    Raleigh, NC 27614