Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Approaching device limit

Approaching device limit

I know the device limit has been raised to 75 but I have what may be a silly question. I am designing out my renovation using a lot of dimmers and Picos paired as 3 way switches. Does that pair count as one or 2 devices?In some cases I have a pico set to control a group of dimmers. Is that a different count scenario?TIARobb

Each Pico counts.If you don't need dimming control at both locations of a 3 way, you can use one of the dimmers that allows for a mechanical switch at the second location to keep the count down.

Is the device limit driven by the bridge? If I move to a Hubitat Elevation controller instead of the Caseta Bridge would that limit change?Robb

The device limit is built into the bridge. You would need to set up a second system with a new login/account, and then use Hubitat to link the two systems.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Some hubs, like Wink, directly control Caseta devices. The Caseta bridge is not required. I don't know what the specific device limit is per Wink hub. You can have multiple Wink hubs so you can have a larger footprint. Wink seems to work well but I am not a fan of the app interface or the in-wall control. I have a client that is switching to the Brilliant in-wall controls. Seems much better than the Wink device.

If you are selecting a hub, make sure it supports all of the Caseta devices. I know Wink supports Serena shades but not Triathlon. The ceiling fan control is fairly new. Some hubs may not support it yet.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmascari View Post
    Each Pico counts.If you don't need dimming control at both locations of a 3 way, you can use one of the dimmers that allows for a mechanical switch at the second location to keep the count down.
    MMASCARI: would you please clarify which Caseta dimmer supports mechanical second switch? Part number? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarfie View Post
    MMASCARI: would you please clarify which Caseta dimmer supports mechanical second switch? Part number? Thanks in advance.
    The In-Wall Dimmer Pro (PD-10NXD)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarfie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
    The In-Wall Dimmer Pro (PD-10NXD)
    Some more help
    https://www.casetawireless.com/docum...ced%20inst.pdf
    The "With a Mechanical Toggle Switch" section. Which shows 1 dimmer, PD-10NXD, and 2 switches.