Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble setting up Siri Integration

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Try the following steps:

1. Try unpairing the Smart Bridge from the iOS device.

• ?Open the Lutron App and go to Settings > Siri Integration > Edit Home & Users > Remove Smart Bridge.
    • If you cannot get to screen with Remove Smart Bridge, continue to the next step.

2. Clear HomeKit data from the Smart Bridge.

• Pressing and holding the button on the Smart Bridge for 20 seconds will remove any HomeKit pairing data and restore network settings to defaults.

3. Try pairing the iOS device to the Smart Bridge via the Settings > Siri Integration menu. If this fails, continue on to the next step.

4. Try resetting all HomeKit data on the iOS device. WARNING: This will remove all pairings with other HomeKit accessories and should be done as a last resort. If you own no HomeKit accessories besides the Smart Bridge, this step can be performed without risk of losing valuable data.

• To reset all HomeKit settings on an iOS device, go to Settings > Privacy > HomeKit and there is an option to “Reset HomeKit Configuration”?

NOTE: If the above does not work, reset HomeKit configuration on all iOS devices you might have associated to that iCloud account.
    Follow-up after resolution:
    Per Brian's instructions on my case, I had to log out of iCloud first. Then did 20 sec unpairing (smart bridge flashes rapidly). then use App to connect to Smart Bridge / Siri Integration / Add Home / type in name {successfully accepts** / entered setup code from bottom of Smart Bridge.

Then tested Siri to turn on/off lights. then signed back in to iCloud. and lastly re-activate Keychain.

Thanks to Brian for all the help.

I've been trying to reset my system for a couple days now and no luck. For some reason the home kit component seems to be tied to my iCloud account. I've reset the HomeKit settings under privacy, but no matter what I try it never asks me to scan the home kit number at the bottom of the bridge. I always get Unable to add new home under Siri Integration. Very frustrating!!!

Also, there's no option in the Lutron app to remove smart bridge.

After further troubleshooting with Apple I'm told that this is an issue with Lutron. I've opened a trouble ticket with Lutron. Hopefully they can reset my Lutron login to get the Siri integration working again. Outside of this one issue I really like the product. Once it's fixed, I plan on eventually expanding my whole home lighting system. I also hope they come out with a unit that works with a ceiling fan.

I have the same issue, just upgraded my iPhone 5s to a 6s and Homekit stopped working. I tried to reboot everything, exit iCloud on the phone and the Apple TV, reset HomeKit configuration, pressed the button on the Smartbridge for 30 seconds. Nothing works. Used to tell me cannot find Smartbridge now it tells me cannot add new home.

By the way, this HomeKit never worked on my iPad...

Quote Originally Posted by Creekmoose View Post
    I have the same issue, just upgraded my iPhone 5s to a 6s and Homekit stopped working. I tried to reboot everything, exit iCloud on the phone and the Apple TV, reset HomeKit configuration, pressed the button on the Smartbridge for 30 seconds. Nothing works. Used to tell me cannot find Smartbridge now it tells me cannot add new home.

By the way, this HomeKit never worked on my iPad...
    I actually had it working under my iPhone 6s, my wife's 6s, my daughter's iPod, and my son's iPad. Each user had their own AppleID, and I just invited them in the HomeKit menu. Now NOTHING works for HomeKit after resetting the bridge.

I've got a new bridge coming in the mail. I'll try to set that up with a new Lutron account. If it still doesn't work then I'd say the issue is with Apple and them hanging onto old HomeKit data even after 'resetting' HomeKit from the privacy menu in settings.

Looks like the answer was to reset the HomeKit settings on ALL unique iCloud devices I've invited. Once that was done I was able to add Siri Integration again. I'm thinking that was the case for me as I have family sharing enabled with the iCloud accounts I invited.

So glad that's sorted out.

I managed to reconnect the Smartbridge by resetting it once more and disconnecting from iCloud and resetting HomeKit once more.

It sometimes works, it turns ON the lights but tells me that it did not get a reply from the devices! It cannot find them to turn them off!

This is a half baked product not ready for prime time as far as I am concerned.

Are you referring to Siri? I'd agree in that regard. But outside Siri, the Lutron part has always worked for me. I can always reset the bridge and add it to the app and control my devices in my home and outside it. I've added an in-wall dimmer, two plug in dimmers and three pick remotes (one wall mounted) and they all work and are independently configured (or in groups using scenes). I love it.

I'm going to definitely be getting more to expand my system, Siri be damned. I just wish they sold multi packs. For some discounts. Maybe a 5 pack of dimmers. I won't be able to do my entire home at $50 per switch. I'm also waiting for ceiling fan controlled unit.

Yes, the caseta application works properly by itself, but the Siri HomeKit is a joke.

That just tells me that Lutron needs to update their app to be able to do this. I shouldn't have to spend money with a DIFFERENT company to make my hundreds of dollars of Lutron equipment work.

Albeit I haven't had any issues since resetting, but I'd abandon the platform if I was instructed to reference another company to get this working.

iOS10 will include a Home app. Let's hope Apple includes the ability to do this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12