Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Home Control + app discontinued

Question Home Control + app discontinued

So with the Home Control + app being discontinued in April of next year: "In accordance with Lutron’s continued commitment to innovation, integration and security, Lutron is discontinuing the Home Control+ app and replacing it with the new Lutron Connect app. This new app provides remote access without a yearly subscription fee and offers enhanced integrations with services like Amazon Alexa, Google Home and Sonos. This app will be removed from app stores April 2020." Will they be adding support for local control of the RA2 system to the Lutron Connect app?

There already is local control with Connect. It is called guest mode or something like that. Works fine for me.

Question So no "bridge" needed?

So then no need for a "bridge" like they mention on the Google Play Store? : "This app requires a Lutron total home control system (RadioRA® 2 or HomeWorks® QS) programmed using the appropriate version of design and programming software along with the Lutron Connect Bridge.*"

@sirdigitalknight- it will require a Connect Bridge for the Connect app to work.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Question

So what will everyone with RA-2 systems use for control that do not have a Connect Bridge after April of next year?I am sure Lutron has some sort of plan in place for that?

@sirdigitalknight- you’ll have to either stick with keypads, or add a Connect bridge. It kinda sucks but the bridge is nice to have.

Unhappy Sad day indeed

Might be time to move on from Lutron. Spent so much money on this RA2 system with a keypad and 18 dimmers and even a shade and every time the power goes out the Main repeater locks up and has to be power cycled to get it back on the network, battery power shade stopped working and had to be replaced, now they are trying to force me into buying another piece of expensive hardware from them.... and no telling if that would even work here in Colombia or for how long... Very disappointing indeed.... :-(

I would call Tech Support about your main locking up. If it’s defective they will send you a replacement. Lutron makes amazing products and they have great support to back them up. I know it sucks to force you into getting a bridge, but once you get it it works really well.

Question Which bridge works with RA2

I think I will. Thx. Can you tell me which bridge works with RA2? I see a Caseta bridge but not sure if it is the same device...

The Caseta bridge is NOT the same thing. They use the same case but are completely different internally. You'll want the CONNECT-BDG-2. The spec sheet is linked below. http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...369975_ENG.pdf Hope this helps!
    Last edited by evankirkhart; 09-10-2019 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Add formatting (hopefully)