Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DigitalLife stopped controlling lights

DigitalLife stopped controlling lights

DigitalLife has suddenly stopped controlling the caseta switches in my home. For the second time. The first time we discovered it was because the fan switches were incompatible with DigitalLife and when we added them it canceled control for fans and lights. So we took the fans off the WiFi, and sadly waited for Lutron to make them compatible. This hasn’t happened:(
    Anyway, we haven’t added anything new to the WiFi and suddenly all our DigitalLife programs that involve lights won’t work. This is really frustrating because we installed like 18 of these switches in our home. These things aren’t cheap!
    So now when we come home, every light that was on when we left is still on. I also like having the flood light come on with the cameras, having the lights come on with emergencies, having the garage light switch on and off with opening and closing. I really need this fixed. The DigitalLife reps don’t even know what Lutron is

The fan control isn't a Lutron issue. AT&T needs to add it to their system so it can be controlled by Digital Life.

Can you control the Caseta devices using the Lutron app? If so, then the problem is with AT&T. Most providers update online devices regularly and without and notice. It is possible a recent update by AT&T changes something that caused your system to fail. It is possible a Lutron update caused the failure but I am not aware of any recent updates from Lutron.

Companies generally provide a pre-release to partners so they can makes changes to accommodate new products and updates. If there was a Lutron change AT&T should have been aware of it.

When they say they don't know who Lutron is, ask to speak to someone else. That's like a car dealer saying they don't know what a Ford is.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I had the Dimmer switch working and once i added the Fan controller i'm unable to access them from the Digital Life app. Guess ill remove the Fan switch to verify. Did you find a fix yet? thanks.

Lutron Technical Support
    I believe there has been an unforeseen incompatibility between AT&T Digital Life’s system and Lutron’s Caséta system when a Caséta Smart Fan Speed Control (PD-FSQN) has been added. Lutron is working with AT&T to add support in Digital Life for the Fan Speed Control. Do not have a timeline for this. A workaround for this issue in the meantime to restore Digital Life operation would be to remove the Smart Fan Speed Control devices from your Caséta system to restore it to the functioning state before the fan controllers were added. If additional controls of the fan are needed, the Smart Fan Speed Controllers can be paired with Lutron Pico Remote Controls separate from the Caséta system by following the steps listed here under Without a smartphone or tablet (Bridge not required): http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...0301911.pdf”

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    I believe there has been an unforeseen incompatibility between AT&T Digital Life’s system and Lutron’s Caséta system when a Caséta Smart Fan Speed Control (PD-FSQN) has been added. Lutron is working with AT&T to add support in Digital Life for the Fan Speed Control. Do not have a timeline for this. A workaround for this issue in the meantime to restore Digital Life operation would be to remove the Smart Fan Speed Control devices from your Caséta system to restore it to the functioning state before the fan controllers were added. If additional controls of the fan are needed, the Smart Fan Speed Controllers can be paired with Lutron Pico Remote Controls separate from the Caséta system by following the steps listed here under Without a smartphone or tablet (Bridge not required): http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...0301911.pdf”
    Matt, Thanks for the reply. I was able to get ahold of someone knowledgeable at Digital Life. They where able to get everything back up with digital life. I can control the Dimmer light switches via Digital Life but the Fan doesn't show up however is controllable through the Homekit or Lutron app. So all is working and waiting for Digital Life to add the ability to Control the Fan via their app.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    Matt, Any updates on the fan speed and digital life issue? I understand its a Digital Life issue but just had to have my Lutron system reset as i added another fan to my Lutron system and it knocked out the Digital Life controls. Just wondering if there is anything in the works. Thanks