Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fan control

Fan control

I’m so thrilled there’s now a 4 speed fan control available for Caseta. I’m a fan of all Caseta products and I originally wrote to Lutron encouraging them to develop the four speed fan control.
    Just finished installing two of the controls for two ceiling fans.
    I was surprised to notice that now when I turn on the fan you can hear a very noticeable hum. The hum is louder at first and for the first second or two when turning the device on, and then gets softer but still able to hear it. The fans before didn’t have a hum like they do now. Any suggestions as to what the issue might be?
    The fans are fan only (no lights), and they do not have a pull chain. They were installed and controlled by a four speed slider control.
    Looking forward to your response.
    Thanks.
    C.

Lutron Technical Support
    The Caseta Fan control PD-FSQN is designed for use with three speed pull chain fans. If your fans do not have pull chains it is very possible that there is a limiter or some sort of relay built into the fan by the manufacturer that was designed for use with a control from that manufacturer that may have came with the fan originally. This could cause the symptoms you are experiencing as well as other speed related issues.