Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lights blink before turning on.

Lights blink before turning on.

Good day forum,I have bought wireless caseta hub and it came with 2 switches. I installed it and everything works fine. I have decided to add another 9 switches around the house. All of them work through manual control or alexa or phone app so there is no issue there. My issue is that when I turn on 1 of the 9 added light switches the light in the room turns on for a split second ( kind of a flash ) then the lights on the caseta switch shows its on then quickly flashes from bottom to the top and light turns on. All of the 9 switches have the same issue, the other 2 switches that came with the hub do not have this issue. I double checked all of the wiring and it is correct. This issue happens on both modes manual and wireless. Does not happen all the time but it happens I would say 70% of the time. Please help!!!

What are the model number of your switches?

If your switch has different color leads, the power must come in on the black lead.

If your switch has a neutral (white wire) you should use it. Even if it says optional.

If your switch is part of a 3-way or 4-way circuit there are some additional steps you will have to take.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Using PD-6WCL-WH. I just browsed this forum and found other thread where this issue was already discussed and there is no solution for this issue. I wonder why 2 out of 11 switches work fine while other 9 have issues that other people have. I use same LED recessed lights throughout the house.

There are a lot of variables involved. Lutron's compatibility list is based, in part, on testing with a single LED bulb. That doesn't mean the device won't work with other bulbs but you may need a minimum of 2 or 3 bulbs for it to work properly.

The 6WCL is a forward phase/leading edge dimmer. Make sure your bulbs are dimmable and they use forward phase dimmers. Sometimes they just say "incandescent" dimmer.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    There are a lot of variables involved. Lutron's compatibility list is based, in part, on testing with a single LED bulb. That doesn't mean the device won't work with other bulbs but you may need a minimum of 2 or 3 bulbs for it to work properly. The 6WCL is a forward phase/leading edge dimmer. Make sure your bulbs are dimmable and they use forward phase dimmers. Sometimes they just say "incandescent" dimmer.
    The bulbs are compatible and using 4 -6 bulbs per switch. Found out that this is a known Lutron issue that does not have a solution.

We need a solution NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by friscovirus View Post
    The bulbs are compatible and using 4 -6 bulbs per switch. Found out that this is a known Lutron issue that does not have a solution.
    LUTRON, we need a solution. These switches are TOO EXPENSIVE to not work. I have NINE total installed and the two that worked fine for MONTHS just started doing this. I spoke to tech support and they sent me new switches. I swapped one out and have the same issue.I’ve seen many posts all over the forums about this, but no solutions. Yes, the bulbs are compatible and I had Lutron verify it last week. My biggest frustration is that everything was fine for months before the issue suddenly showed up.

Same problem

Have several switches installed worked fine now my second floor switches have a big lag. They flick on then off and about 5 seconds later they flick back on. I was assuming it’s a week WiFi as I added more smart devices but I’m not sure. I’ve bought a mesh WiFi and will try to see if that works. These were all installed and working fine for months and this just recently started.

Lutron Technical Support
    If you physically swap a dimmer having this issue with another dimmer that doesn't have this issue, and reprogram them into the system, does the issue follow the dimmer, or does the issue follow the lights?

I have this issue as well, 1st one in my kitchen started about 2 weeks ago after being installed 2 months ago, now last week my living room switch is doing the same thing. What is the fix to this> or are the switches bad?

Lutron Technical Support
    If you physically swap a dimmer having this issue with another dimmer that doesn't have this issue, and reprogram them into the system, does the issue follow the dimmer, or does the issue follow the lights?