Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: serena honeycomb shades don't consistently open according to schedule

serena honeycomb shades don't consistently open according to schedule

I have 12 large serena shades that are hard wired in my vaulted living room, so 6 upper and 6 lower. My schedule (using the Lutron App) sets them to open, say, at sunrise. However, what happens usually is that at least one of the shades won't open, even the Lutron App indicates they are all open as per schedule. Then I will have to use the app to open it manually. Such issue doesn't happen every day but is very frequent, and any number of those shades could be problematic on a given day. My initial guess was that opening all shades at once may draw too much power for the wires to be able to handle, so I created two schedules, one for the lower shades and one for the upper with a few minutes gap, but the issue persists. What could be wrong and how can I get it fixed? Thanks

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello seattlebird and welcome to the forums!

Serena shades should have a single button up on the shade drives. When one of the shades fail to move can you please locate that button and notice a blink code? A full list of Serena blink codes can be found here: serena-triathlon-blink-codes.html (lutron.com)

Are these shades getting power from individual power supplies or power panels? Are any of these shades doubled or tripled up on an output?

Getting RF signals around a house can be challenging. I've seen 2 devices in a box work consistently while the 3rd works randomly. Try moving the bridge a bit. Sometimes a foot helps. Usually higher is better.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

thank you for your reply. My shades are all pre-wired to the wall so no visible outlets. Not really sure if they are getting individual power supplies or panels, or doubled or tripled up. I'm not the original owner so have little clue about the electrical designs behind them, sorry. Do you know where I find the button? Will the blink code stay for a while after the shade fail to open?

The lutron bridge is in the same floor and about 15 feet from the shades, without any walls between them. Is that considered too far?

Lutron Technical Support
    That range is great, your devices should fall within 30 FT of the Caseta Hub. Please consider the height at which these shades are mounted at as well. For Serena Honeycomb shades - the button will be found at the top of the head unit of the shade:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	honeycombshadebutton.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	1125
    Depending on the blink code, this may time out after 30 seconds to 1-minute. Can you try moving these shades independently from the Devices section of the Lutron app? Are you able to get the Shade to product a blink code/get it to stop responding from here?