Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Homekit with multiple iPhones/iPads

Homekit with multiple iPhones/iPads

I recently setup my smart bridge pro 2 with homekit. Integration with Siri was straight forward on my first device. I have multiple iPads and iPhones that I want to also enable Siri control on. They're all on the same iCloud account and all have keychain enabled however only the initial device allows for the use of Siri. I have the Lutron app on all the devices, signed into iCloud and keychain enabled. My understanding is you only need to setup Siri integration on one device and the others will share the home data. Since nothing worked on the other devices I went into Siri integration on them and went through the setup steps and receive an error stating Siri integration has already been setup on a different iCloud account, which is not the case as they're all using the same one. I even added a user and sent the invitation and accepted from another iCloud account (listed in family sharing) and that device does not work either. I called Lutron for guidance and was told once a device is connected their responsibility stops there and they couldn't help me. I contacted Apple and worked with a senior support advisor who stated Homekit is not fully supported yet but they'll help as much as they can. So I signed out of iCloud on all devices, rebooted, reset Homekit config, to no avail. Apple has escalated to their engineers at this point.

has anyone had a similar experience? Any tips for getting this functioning? Thanks!

2. Thanks Creekmoose thanked for this post
    I have successfully used multiple devices on the same Apple ID and invited family (different Apple ID) to join. I did notice that the family member could not control individual lights without the lutron app installed. but it did turn lights on and off without even having the lutron app installed.

You could try to reset all settings on the iPhone. This will preserve your data but your settings are gone (wallpaper, saved wi-fi passwords, notifications, etc) kind of a pain but it might solve your problem. When Apple and my banks could not figure out my Apple Pay issues this is what I did and it solved my problem.
    If this does not work erasing the phone would be my next suggestion.

4. Thanks Creekmoose thanked for this post
    Ohh boy , this does not sound promising. I just finished changing all my light switches over from insteon to lutron caseta due to insteon not being able to get the hub to work. Caseta works great with my phone and have invited other family member to use and that went fine, but haven't used siri integration. Hoping atleast the apple watch works for us both. This homekit thing is very frustrating.

I think home kit is still in beta....
    Apple watch will work without home kit. It is slow but useful when it work. I believe this is a limitation of the phone needing to connect to the iPhone for any really data. this SHOULD/HOPEFULLY change when watchOS 2 comes out in the fall.

Hi,

I just installed a Smartbride 2 and have the same issue with Homekit. It works from my iPhone, but not from the iPad.

In the confidentiality/HomeKit settings of the iPad, the Lutron app shows up, but the HomeKit softkey does not appear under the Safari softkey in the settings main screen like it does on the iPhone. Maybe this is part of the problem?

I was not able to get Siri to work when the phone is not connected to my WiFi network yet... It should work with my Apple TV... I guess I need to reset a few things once more!

Quote Originally Posted by Creekmoose View Post
    Hi,

I just installed a Smartbride 2 and have the same issue with Homekit. It works from my iPhone, but not from the iPad.

In the confidentiality/HomeKit settings of the iPad, the Lutron app shows up, but the HomeKit softkey does not appear under the Safari softkey in the settings main screen like it does on the iPhone. Maybe this is part of the problem?

I was not able to get Siri to work when the phone is not connected to my WiFi network yet... It should work with my Apple TV... I guess I need to reset a few things once more!
    I am having the same issue as well with an iPod Touch and an iPhone 5. Both of these are on iOS 9.02 and I have tried resetting homekit in the privacy menu. I can only get one or the other working, not both. Yet I have no issue sharing homekit info to another email address. I verified iCloud is working on both devices with keychain setup. I think this might just be an issue with the Lutron app as it shouldn't be this much work. Really liking my Lutron Caseta system other than this and having to be careful with which LED bulbs you buy (Philips seems to work best, no hum or flicker).

I tried to get Siri to work on my iPhone first. Could not get past the Add a Home screen. Then was successful at getting it on the iPad Mini2. Then tried iPhone again and again. Called Tech Support. She had me delete it off of iPad and try again on Phone. Still no luck. Then she had me send Feedback on Help screen, which generates a log file for them.
    Waiting to here back. I would suggest anyone else with problem do the same.

I have been trying off and on for a c

I have been trying for about two years to get the app to work with Siri with no luck unless I reset the iPhone which is an unacceptable solution. Originally it worked then along came an update from Lutron and I had to reset the iPhone. Then along a came another update and it quit working again. That's when I decided that the Lutron app was not ready for prime time. So I only let other users in the house controll the lights from the phone not using Siri. Apple shares some of the blame. She has trouble with many things