Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Four way with Caseta Wireless

Four way with Caseta Wireless

Good afternoon. In my garage, I had two switches (a 3 way and a 4 way), one in my study (a 4 way) and then a 3 way in the hallway. All turning on the garage lights from four different locations.

i was curious to see how the 5ANS could work with three toggle switches rather than the pico remotes.

Its my understanding from the advanced installation guide, and a few previous installs, that the toggle switch (in the usual installation) supplies the 120V via the existing three way switch.

I am powering the 5ANS from the same feed that supplies the existing circuit, but I replace the 4 way switch in the study with the 3 way switch from the hallway (which was previously feeding the lights in the garage, now being fed by the 5ANS). I then took the feed from the 3 way switch in the study, and connected it via the existing travelers to the blue wire of the 5ANS.

I can now turn on the garage lights from 4 locations (1 5ANS and 3 toggle switches) Anyone see a problem with this? I can't think of one.

There is a slight problem where the light blinks twice when i first turn it on, but I just proved it is from the phantom voltage the travellers are seeing (the power to the first switch in the garage runs through the same conduit. I plan to change that setup).

Lutron Technical Support
    I'm having trouble picturing how you have this wired.Do you have two power feed on this circuit?- One at the initial 3-way switch.- One at the PD-5ANS.Can you post a drawing on how you have this wired?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    I'm having trouble picturing how you have this wired.Do you have two power feed on this circuit?- One at the initial 3-way switch.- One at the PD-5ANS.Can you post a drawing on how you have this wired?
    I have a similar setup, and the same issue. My lights flash 3 times sometimes when using the remote switcheshttps://forums.lutron.com/showthread.php/16012-pd-5ans-lights-flash-3-times-when-using-traveller-to-turn-on?highlight=pd-5ans+blueYou can see an example of my wiring at https://ibb.co/wCv15zg