Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Old Homework’s interactive

Old Homework’s interactive

My system was installed in 2002 and I purchased
    My home In 2006. My system is basic with only lights and fan controls. I replaced some incandescent CBR 30 s with CFL R 30 dimmable
    Over last 10 years with no problems as they were
    Compatible. CFL s are getting scarce so I started replacing with dimmable led s made lay Sunco
    Now they want stay on but 5 minutes or so and go off and I have to keep turning them back on
    In an effort to overcome this I replaced all my kitchen bulbs with original incandescents but they
    Still go off after 5 minutes. I have 6 Sunco dimmable leds in my pantry and they stay on with no problem. My lutron touch pads are HWI-KP-LB6 and the kitchen circuit is back to back with the pantry circuit. I interchanged the touch pads and kitchen circuit still goes off after 5 minutes but the pantry stays on so the touch pads are ok.
    This leaves the problem in my control modules in the basement utilities room.
    I reinstalled my staircase lamps with incandescent and they also only stay on around 5 minutes or so then go off
    I have 28 drivers including two fan drivers.
    There’s 7 drivers in each module cabinet.
    My HWI-MI -120 processor is located in cabinet
    Module one and has a manual over switch.
    I can hit the override switch and every light in the entire house comes on and stays on.
    When I turn on a circuit with the Sunco led R 30 s
    The bulbs make a crinkle noise as they heat up then go off after 5 minutes.
    My garage touchpad circuit has 18 double 4 foot
    flouresent strips and they all stay on with no problems. I have touch pad controled flouresent strips under my kitchen cabinets that have no problems
    It’s impossible to convert my home to standard 120 volt switches
    Does anyone have any trouble shooting I can perform.

The "touch pads" (LB6) are low voltage keypads and don't directly control electricity flowing to the lights. Keypad issues would be a stuck button or the keypad was damaged by a surge. You can test this by turning the lights on and removing the keypad.

When you turn the override on, it turns on every load in the system (very common practice).

Your system has a vacation mode. It records the status of the lights and plays it back with some randomization. There should be a button on a keypad to turn vacation mode off. You can try rebooting the processor but it may be programmed to restart vacation mode.

The vacation database could be corrupted. This could make it do weird things like turning lights off after 5 minutes.

I would try a brand name LED. Philips or Cree. They cost a more but are worth it. Most power companies have rebate programs - either through retailers or via reimbursement. Some less expensive LED drivers emit RF noise. The noise increases exponentially with each fixture. We now try to limit the number of LEDs to 10 or so to minimize this.

You may also be experiencing an issue with minimum loads. The remote modules typically have a minimum of 10 watts. You may actually need more because of the age of the system and the use of LEDs.

If your system is connected to another system (Crestron, etc.), disconnect the cable and test the lights.

Since all of the lights are run to the basement panels, it would be virtually impossible to reroute them back to local switches. Keep in mind that this is a 17 year old computer system. With some fine tuning it can be a good system again.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Old Homework’s interactive

I just purchase 16 HD-RPM-4 U 120 used modules but came out of a working system
    I thinking maybe my modules are damaged by the
    Led bulbs so I plan to swap the kitchen module
    To see if the kitchen circuit stays on
    I was instructed to match the address dial number
    (1 through 6) with the modules I am replacing
    I have already switched the kitchen lights back to
    Incandescents that still only stay on 5 minutes or so
    If this doesn’t work i can hopefully eliminate the modules as being the problem
    You mentioned the vacation mode could be the problem.
    How do I check and reset the vacation mode
    Also the pantry leds that stays on are on their own 15 amp breaker and maybe not wired to a module
    I have basic electrical knowledge so some of these issues are over my head
    I also swapped my staircase led s back to incandescent (6) and they still only stay on about 5 minutes
    I have two rooms that have MR 16 halogen ( 12) in valances that stay on with no problem
    I am open to any suggestions to fix my problems
    Thanks
    My cell phone is 239 872 6950