Hello. I have been exhaustively researching home lighting automation systems Philips Hue, Belkin WeMo, etc). I have never heard of Lutron, so I have spent the better part of today researching their products. But there are a lot!
I would like to start this project by doing small spaces but I had some questions:
1) Caseta seems great for most of my needs, but the general consensus seems to be it's designed for areas, and not whole-home automation. It does have some features I want, such as Honeywell wifi thermostat and Logitech Harmony hub integration. Can I mix this system with RA2 or is it one or the other?
2) RA2 seems like it's the more agile system, but also more complicated. Would this system integrate with other hubs?
3) I would like to start with closets and do one room at a time. Would either Caseta or RA2 allow this kind of expandability?
4) I've looked at dozens of sensors, it seems like a wall or ceiling mount motion sensor would be most appropriate for small closets/pantries with the light switch on the outside? The motion sensor specs look like WAY more than I would need for this kind of application (18 meters if I remember correctly).
5) Eventually I want to move to kid rooms with vacancy sensors. Would either ceiling or wall-mount suffice? What would be the advantage of one over the other in this application?
I am technically inclined as far as home networking, IP cameras, hubs, and basic home wiring go. I expect a learning curve, but expect to pick up on the automation part quickly. Just need some information to get started.
Thanks in advance.