Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: No power on LQSE-4A-D

No power on LQSE-4A-D

I have two LQSE-4A-D and had to turn the power off in the house for a guy to fix something in the kitchen, when I turned the power back on again one of the LQSE-4A-D was working fine, and the other was dead with no lights.is there a fuse or power trip contained within the HWQS system that could have caused this?thanks

There is nothing in HQS that would prevent the unit from powering up. The LQSE does have a temperature sensor which will turn all the loads off. However, your description makes it sound like none of the indicator lights were on. And the unit was off so it should not be a heat issue - unless the temp sensor failed.

Older models of the RPM-4A had a "feature" that would put them into protect mode if it could not figure out what type of control to use. The only way to reset it was to remove power from the module. Joy!
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

thanks randyc.yes, there are no indicator lights on at all - which makes me think that it isn't powering up, however if I press the reset button then I get a quiet whistling noise - so I think that it is getting power, it just isn't powering up to the point where it works or lights come on.

The only option I see is to verify the power to the module. Always measure hot-neutral. I found one instance where the electrician didn't strip the neutral wire. I only found it because I wanted to test the voltage without any load so I disconnected the wires.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I am also facing the same issue, power to the module and the whine when you press the reset button .
    Is there any other way to reset the module? Or anyone any ideas what has happened?