Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Migration Smart Bridge Pro data to SBP version 2?

Migration Smart Bridge Pro data to SBP version 2?

Can I migrate my Smart Bridge Pro configuration data to a new Smart Bridge Pro v2? I have the bridge working with Control4 and need to keep my existing device IDs.

2. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post
    Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfh77 View Post
    Can I migrate my Smart Bridge Pro configuration data to a new Smart Bridge Pro v2? I have the bridge working with Control4 and need to keep my existing device IDs.
    Unfortunately, no. When you change the bridge, you need to re-associate the devices again to the new bridge. There is no way to carry the program data over to the new bridge.

The best thing to do would be to remove the devices from the app while they are still associated with the original bridge. This way you don't have to walk around and physically factory default all of the devices, as removing the devices from the app automatically defaults them.

I am guessing that if you look at your current integration report you will see that the id numbers of your switches/dimmers/picos will correspond to the order in which you added them initially. I am theorizing that if you add those devices back to the new hub in the same order you will retain the same id numbers. Not sure in control4 if that will be sufficient as there may be an issue with the new hub having a different association than the old hub.

Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Jfh77 View Post
    Looks like there's an option in the app to Upgrade