Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How to reverse fan with Maestro MACL-LFQ dual switch and Hunter fan without switch

How to reverse fan with Maestro MACL-LFQ dual switch and Hunter fan without switch

I installed a new lighted ceiling fan (Hunter) together with a Lutron Maestro dual fan/light control. The fan originally came with a remote control that managed the light, fan speed, and fan direction. I had to bypass the remote system to install the wall switch. The Maestro wall switch works great for light and fan speed control, but I can't figure out how to reverse the fan direction.I searched all over the Hunter fan and it does not have a reverse switch.Is there a way to reverse the fan direction through the Maestro MACL-LFQ-WH switch?

Question Did you ever find an answer to this? I have the same problem

Did you ever find an answer to this? I have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by mcleodo View Post
    I installed a new lighted ceiling fan (Hunter) together with a Lutron Maestro dual fan/light control. The fan originally came with a remote control that managed the light, fan speed, and fan direction. I had to bypass the remote system to install the wall switch. The Maestro wall switch works great for light and fan speed control, but I can't figure out how to reverse the fan direction.I searched all over the Hunter fan and it does not have a reverse switch.Is there a way to reverse the fan direction through the Maestro MACL-LFQ-WH switch?

Lutron's fan and light controls including the MACL-LFQ testing/rating wise are not able to control/change a fan's direction. This would occur from the fan/light combination itself. We'd recommend to reach out to the manufacturer Hunter as potentially the remote and it's receiver were designed to do this reversing of the direction, or that specific fan/light combination was not rated/created to be able to reverse it's fan direction. If you have any other questions our tech support team is available anytime 24/7 at (1-888-588-7661) and support@lutron.com.