Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Did they change the design of the Claro plates like CW-4-WH?

Did they change the design of the Claro plates like CW-4-WH?

I have several of the CW-4-WH as well as others, and they are all 2 pieces, with a groove around the edge of them. I just ordered another from Amazon, and it says Claro and CW-4-WH on it but it's totally different now. It's the normal first piece that you screw on, but the top piece that snaps on over it is solid, there's no groove at all. It has 4 grooves under it to put a screwdriver in and pop it off but otherwise it's totally different now. Looks like one of those cheap Chinese "screwless" plates. Not sure if I'm describing this properly, but the normal Claro's I have are 2 solid pieces with a nice groove all around the perimeter of it, but these are just solid? It literally looks like this but with 4 gang https://shop.homeseer.com/products/c...ess-wall-plate

Haven’t heard of that but they might have sent you a Leviton screw less wall plate. They are one piece and behave like you are describing. Leviton and Lutron sound very similar, I can imagine a distributor mixing them up.

Quote Originally Posted by evankirkhart View Post
    Haven’t heard of that but they might have sent you a Leviton screw less wall plate. They are one piece and behave like you are describing. Leviton and Lutron sound very similar, I can imagine a distributor mixing them up.
    It's from Amazon.ca and it's a Lutron package, shows the right part number and everything but yeah looks like a Leviton. Seems sketchy and the picture and instructions on the package are for the correct one, but the one in the box is Leviton or another brand similar to that, so strange. I'll return it and try again.