Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RA2 Software update 9/10/19!?

RA2 Software update 9/10/19!?

Got an email reminder from Lutron about the discontinuation of HC+. It stated that 9/10/19 versions of RR2 and HQS software would not support HC+. The app will start displaying a message about upgrading with a link that says HC+ will not work with RA2 12.2 and above.

No other indications of what might be fixed or added in 12.2.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Got an email reminder from Lutron about the discontinuation of HC+. It stated that 9/10/19 versions of RR2 and HQS software would not support HC+. The app will start displaying a message about upgrading with a link that says HC+ will not work with RA2 12.2 and above. No other indications of what might be fixed or added in 12.2.
    I read the same thing today. My guess is that it might just have a few bug fixes and something to prevent HC+.

Question Home Control + app

I take it this is talking about the Home Control + app?I have not upgraded my RA2 to 12 yet as I don't like the need for internet availability as here in the Andes mountains of Colombia internet is not always available.

@sirdigitalknight- The system will continue to operate without the internet. The Connect bridge allows for cloud based access. You can run without the internet after initial set-up. During initial set-up, the Connect Bridge gets all it's critical updates and firmware updates. After that, no internet should be required unless using the app remotely. Your existing system will not automatically update to 12.2, you'll need a programmer with the laptop to perform that update. But there is no need if your system is stable. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" I have plenty of systems running from 3.0.1 to the current version with no issues.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

It seems that my CONNECT-BDG-1 is no longer compatible with the 12.2 release? Is that really right? When I upgraded my project, it replaced it with a BDG-2. I was one of the stupid early adopters that ended up with this POS BDG-1. Any way to get Lutron to swap it out? I don't want to pay a few hundred dollars to put this one to pasture.

The BDG2 was a hardware update to support Apple. Lutron had a trade-in program. You would have to call tech support to see what options are still available.
    www.convergenceusa.com

A little disappointed in the long awaited software update

After waiting 18 months for a RA2 update we got a minor update from 12.0 to 12.2. They added the PRO dimmer, added PowPak modules to essentials, and removed HC+.

After a series of minor tweaks in the 14.x versions of HQS, we got another minor update from 14.5 to 15.0 (beta). They added the PRO dimmer, removed HC+, and there are some Ketra references.

I believe HQS 16.0 is due out in the first quarter. It looks like it integrates Ketra designer with HQS software and will have the new QSX processor (HQP7).

I feel like we have been waiting a very long time and got a couple of minor tweaks and 1 GIANT LEAP backwards in the removal of HC+.
    www.convergenceusa.com

Yep, Yep, Yep.....Yep Why hurt installers. Don't understand. I like the new connect app for the most part. But can't stand that every time I go to a customers house I need to push the button to check the system. I may be doing something wrong. If so please let me know. In HC+ I had a list of all the systems. Could walk in make changes and be done. A few times I drove up made changes and never went in. Now I have to go jump through hoops just to pull up system. Again, I'm open for suggestions. New Dimmer? Local distributor had no clue about it. I may be wishing but seems like 12.2 loads faster or maybe I need to clear cache on 12.1 some how. Building a new system now to test 12.2 but unless I see something dramatic may stick with 12.1 for a while.

MithcE- come on over to my house. Let's break mine. And we can see what happens to my BDG-1, not that I need it any more.

@rdgerken- I just got off the phone with tech support, the Connect Bridge 1 will die with 12.2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast