Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: App won't save changes.

App won't save changes.

Property is not local so all my troubleshooting has been through the app. It's a rental property and looks like last techie renter decided to make some changes. My first problem was getting access. Turns out one of the property mangers changed the email/pass info thinking he was just doing it on his one phone. As of now It's still with his email but new pass. He said he logged out. Any ideas if just changing email/pass info on my end in app will mess with the lighting. House is occupied and I know playing with lighting changes will make the place look like a ghost house. Second and the real problem. The techie renter changed my AWAY scene. It's a shared scene and only used in two places. Not toggle. 8 loads go on to 1%. All others go off as they should. Changing the 8 to off in one AWAY and saving doesn't do the same in the other AWAY. Even changing both AWAY still doesn't fix. ALL Other buttons and controls work fine. This has been tried by me remotely multiple times and by a manger on site. Tried pulling support file through app but no good. The ALL OFF on the app works fine. Each load will turn off fine by itself and with other scenes.

Just changing the credentials will not affect the lights. In the future, I would not give renters or property mangers the password. Have them use "temporary access." I believe this limits them to keypad functions (no editing). They will still have to press the button on the bridge. My concern would be that the renter could continue to access the lights when they went back home. Talk about ghosts!!

I'm guessing the Techie broke the link to the global scene when he edited the button. You can not assign a scene to a button through the app. You will need to use the programming software for that. The best you can do through the app is recreate the settings on the 2nd button. However, the keypad LED feedback MAY still be out of sync.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

@MitchE- Every time I try to edit a scene in the app that is shared, an error pops up. I ignore it, but believe what you are describing is true, it somehow only changes the single instance you are editing instead of the shared buttons as well. Seems to be a flaw in my opinion. Changing your credentials in the app should have zero effect on the program.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Renter only had temp access as far as I know. It may have been one of the property managers but as you guessed "no one did it". I'll play with temp access on another site tomorrow and see what it will let me do. Kind of a bad glitch when the whole idea of shared scenes is less editing. SHARED PATHWAY!!!!??? Just had to get that of my chest.

Looks like I have fixed it. I say looks like because I can't confirm again until renters are out. I was sent a text 2 hours before guests arrived asking if I fixed the problem. No pressure. By the time I had free time to work on it I only had a hour. I started by fixing one load at a time then checking, double checking, reload app and config file and checking again. Seemed to be working. did this a few time mores. Reminder, I have two away buttons and each of them has/had 8 loads that need repair and this if over remote connection so each change was painfully slow. And the private chef was there and wasn't happy lights where going on/off. I started with only the one away button. Then moved to the next. Started pushing my luck and trying 2 loads at a time and got a pop up saying someone else is making changes to this device please try again. Forgot to take a screen shot. I'm thinking patience is needed when making remote changes. No matter how slow I went didn't see that changing load on button 1 would update same load on button 2. Also looking back at Randy's mention of syncing. I did have another pop up 2-3 times giving me options to sync now or latter and the consequences of either choice. But it was a random pop up.