Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sivoia QS Wireless Honeycomb won't close :/

Sivoia QS Wireless Honeycomb won't close :/

Hello! Wondering if someone might guide me to a solution here:

I've got a set of 4 Sivoia QS Wireless Honeycomb shades (CSV-SYJ-B) paired to a Sivoia QS 4-group remote.

One of the shades (#3) started acting up recently - I don't exactly remember how it got to this state but here's the current state:

It rolled up but would not roll down. I changed the batteries (no go), then manually pulled it down (needed shade stat!). Then it completely stopped responding (up or down), although the Shade LED still reacts properly (no flashing red codes or other trouble issues).

Today I discovered the factory reset option that I'd somehow missed previously (3 taps - hold - 3 taps) -- I did that, re-paired to the remote, entered programming mode, and I was able to set the upper limit (huzzah!).

But no matter what I do - I can't seem to get it to roll down. I tried manually pulling down and setting the lower limit (no go). All the other shades work on this remote (so it's not the remote), the shade is showing no fault codes (green LED all good and working), and I can enter programming mode fine. I even tried entering programming mode, setting the upper limit, manually pulling it down, and setting the lower limit. It rolls up just fine via the remote, but it won't roll down :(

Any hints or ideas? Many thanks in advance!

Lutron Technical Support
    Try pulling the shade down a few inches, setting that as the temporary bottom limit, then roll up the shade and reprogram the upper limit. Then once both of those limits are set, try reprogramming the bottom limit to the correct location.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Try pulling the shade down a few inches, setting that as the temporary bottom limit, then roll up the shade and reprogram the upper limit. Then once both of those limits are set, try reprogramming the bottom limit to the correct location.
    Thanks Brian! I wish I could report success here, but, frustratingly, this did not work. Here are the exact steps I took:

* Entered programming mode
    * Pulled the shade down a few inches
    * Held "CLOSE" on the 4-group remote to program the lower limit.
    * Re-entered programming mode
    * Rolled the shade to the top
    * Held "OPEN" on the 4-group remote to program the upper limit.

Shade still does not respond to the "Close" button, but if I manually pull it down (which I do at night when we're closing up the living room), it does perfectly motor back up to the right spot when I press the "Open" button.

So I continue to be stuck in an "it opens but does not close" state. No fault codes - all green lights and fresh batteries.

I'm puzzled!

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello noahlh we would recommend contacting our 24/7 support center at 1-888-588-7661 and when the menu tree answers select option 1 for Technical Support and Option 4 for Shades/Blinds. This will allow us to gather data real time as well so we can get your shade up and running. We will probably need to spend 10-15 minutes with you, please be near your shade and have your remote handy when you call in.

Also you should never attempt to manually move this shade by pulling on the fabric panel. Doing so can cause permanent damage to your shades motor and could also damage the lift assist springs in the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy G. View Post
    Hello noahlh we would recommend contacting our 24/7 support center at 1-888-588-7661 and when the menu tree answers select option 1 for Technical Support and Option 4 for Shades/Blinds. This will allow us to gather data real time as well so we can get your shade up and running. We will probably need to spend 10-15 minutes with you, please be near your shade and have your remote handy when you call in.

Also you should never attempt to manually move this shade by pulling on the fabric panel. Doing so can cause permanent damage to your shades motor and could also damage the lift assist springs in the shade.
    Thank you! I worked with a very helpful rep @ Tech Support and we've determined that the clutch has failed on my shades :( One interesting discovery we made was that even though the shades do not roll down, when the down button is pressed the rolling resistance stops - eg something is being actuated but the motor isn't driving. Replacement en route!