Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Homeworks QS processor

Homeworks QS processor

Hi.Please i need support on these;1. my Homeworks QS processor just stop interface with control4, which is very strange but i noticed on the lutron network port i only had orange light the green communication light is completely out, tried re-start the processor, change the cat6 cable to no avail. but the kwypads are working.2 I have some set of night on a Dali module in about 3 zones that stop controlling either using c4 or the manual over-ride (lutron keypads)

Does the processor show up when you do a network scan? Can you ping it from your PC? Try a different port on your router/switch. I would also check the power supply. Make sure you have a heartbeat on L1 and L2. Sometimes an upload can cure mysterious problems.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks so mush for the reply, the processor on the network, can be ping from pc, changed the cat6 cable and switch port. the power supply seems ok.The telnet port is not responding when trying to connect via PC.

Check the telnet settings of your processor (under activation). Some times they change for unknown reasons.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

If you recently updated the software version on the Lutron, then you need to create a new TelNet login specifically for C4. The latest Homeworks version gets rid of the default TelNet login that you were probably using for your C4 integration.
    Audio, Video, Networking, & Automation Designed Around You

Lutron Technical Support
    When 10 bad attempts to login occur within 10 minutes, the HWQS processor locks out new connections to the system for 15 minutes. This is a security feature that was introduced in HWQS 11.5.In HWQS 13.0, we introduced even more Telnet security features. One of which was to disable default login credentials. This was to prevent a third party from connecting to any HWQS anywhere once they learn what the default credentials were. When transferring an upgraded database for the first time, you do have the option to not erase the default credentials, but if you select “yes”, then those default credentials are lost.You could power cycle the processor to clear the lockout event or wait the 15 minutes for it to clear. We would recommend you remove all 3rd party integration first and ensure the Lutron system is opertional. Once up and running add the 3rd party integration back.To fix this issue, please go into Configure Integration options and create a new Telnet login for this third-party system to use. The third-party system will need to be updated to use these new credentials. Please note that you will not be able to add in the old default credentials as the passwords to those logins were weak in strength. We now require stronger passwords for integration logins. Hope this helps!