Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MA-T51 Timer Companion switch MA-AS-WH

MA-T51 Timer Companion switch MA-AS-WH

Hi I want to install the MA-AS-WH companion for the MA-T51 Timer.I read the instructions and it seems the companion must be installed on the line side and not the load sideI have a bathroom fan that is controlled by 2 switches, one downstairs and one upstairsI believe my downstairs fan is the load and my upstairs fan is the line, does this mean I cannot install the timer on the upstairs bathroom which is the preferred position I want. Rather I need to install the timer downstairs ? If so, is it not possible to reverse it and have the timer on the line instead of the load ?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_bladen View Post
    Hi I want to install the MA-AS-WH companion for the MA-T51 Timer.I read the instructions and it seems the companion must be installed on the line side and not the load sideI have a bathroom fan that is controlled by 2 switches, one downstairs and one upstairsI believe my downstairs fan is the load and my upstairs fan is the line, does this mean I cannot install the timer on the upstairs bathroom which is the preferred position I want. Rather I need to install the timer downstairs ? If so, is it not possible to reverse it and have the timer on the line instead of the load ?
    The MA-T51 is a single location dimmer. The MA-T51MN is a multi-location dimmer. The installation instructions do say to install the timer at the load end.

It is kind off unusual for a remote fan to be shared between bathrooms on different floors. Are you sure those rooms share a fan?

Most remote fan switches are wired in parallel so if either switch is on the fan is on but both switches have to be off for the fan to be off. If that is the case, the MA-AS won't work and you can't put a MA-T51/MN in both locations. The fan manufacturer probably has a timer that you can put in both locations. If not, I think Leviton makes one.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com