Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gate control ideas

Gate control ideas

Have two clients who want to automate a fence gate and a driveway gate. Any advice or suggestions for controlling via radiora2 would be helpful. Also, if you could suggest some manufacturers for the motor/hardware that would be great. Thank you

Have two clients who want to automate a fence gate and a driveway gate. Any advice or suggestions for controlling via radiora2 would be helpful. Also, if you could suggest some manufacturers for the motor/hardware that would be great. Thank you I would contract the hardware and installation out. There are companies out there that specialize in and are generally pretty good at it. The same companies are generally pretty bad at controls. I typically use contact closures to control gates. The LMJ is the least expensive option but you will need a 24v power supply. The VCRX is more expensive but allows you to add LR-3B clickers. Depending on the distance, you may need to run a 4-cdr to the gate and add an aux repeater there. You can put all that stuff in a PVC j-box. The last gate I did, I mounted the VCRX under the motor cover. I believe the LR-3B can be assigned to multiple VCRXs. Button 1 could talk to the gate VCRX and button 2 could talk to the garage VCRX. If you have a repeater at the gate you could use a Pico. I don't think that would be as intuitive as the LR-3B.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I have a post here showing what I did for my garage door. You can do the same with a gate. The solution is similar to Randy's: Visor Control Receiver. It's bullet proof and always works. You can also integrate it into any automation system.