Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How To Keep LED Button Status Active

How To Keep LED Button Status Active

Hello,I am using RTI XP8 with remotes. I can show LED status on a button when pushed, but when I come back to that button later, the status is gone. If I press the button again, LED status is back. Seems communication stops after some time. Is there away to keep this communication always talking, so when I come back to that button at some point, I can see the status of the that button. Either being active or not.Thank you,

On the Lutron side make sure monitoring on. I think the command is something like "KLMON" Once you press a Lutron button, HW broadcasts the LED status of all of the buttons on that keypad. There is no further communication unless you press a button, poll the keypad, etc. It may be that the button is setup with scene LED logic. For scene, the LED is on if all of the zones are at their programmed level. If one of the zones changes the scene is no longer intact so the LED goes off. For monitoring, room logic is the better choice. The LED will be on if any of the assigned zones are on and off if all of the zones are off.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Hello randyc,Thank you for the reply. Right now I am dealing with a keypad that by itself, so no other button will interfere with that zone. This zone has one on, one off. You mentioned "Poll". Is this something that will basically ping te keypad to check on its status? I am not familiar with polling.Thank youJR

Poll is a generic term. You can send a command to the keypad asking for LED status. I don't remember the exact command but it would be something like LEDSTAT,. The processor will reply with a 15 character string of 1s & 0s. Each character represents the status of the buttons in numerical order. 1st digit = button 1, etc. Keep in mind that Lutron counts funny. For confirmation, look at the keypad in the programming screen. It will tell you the button number as you click on each button. There is a report called "where programmed" in the Lutron software. It is a silly name for a tracing program. It will confirm if the load(s) are controlled from any other buttons or timers. In the terminal screen, turn LED monitoring on. It's in the tree in the left pane. Leave the terminal screen open. This will let you know if someone or something is changing the load.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Hello,Thank you. I will look into it.