Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Radio RA2 Online Training LCI

Radio RA2 Online Training LCI

Hello All,I just completed the Radio RA2 Level 1 Training Online (LCI). After completion, as you all know, you can then download the "Essential" Level of the Software, which I did. Now, I figured I should be using the Ipad for this, as during the training, using the ipad had better results with the Online Training Site, Windows PC had more problems than the ipad. So, I selected to download and not install the Software. I did not receive any notification of where the Software would be downloaded to, and now, I have no idea where the software was downloaded to. I was notified almost immediately that the download had completed, but I have no clue where it went. And for kickers, I see that this seems to be a one shot deal. Maybe I should've used my Windows PC. At least then I would know where to look for the download, but Windows PC's can't use the Software, right? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance if anyone can help.Sincerely,heatman5

Quote Originally Posted by heatman5 View Post
    Hello All,I just completed the Radio RA2 Level 1 Training Online (LCI). After completion, as you all know, you can then download the "Essential" Level of the Software, which I did. Now, I figured I should be using the Ipad for this, as during the training, using the ipad had better results with the Online Training Site, Windows PC had more problems than the ipad. So, I selected to download and not install the Software. I did not receive any notification of where the Software would be downloaded to, and now, I have no idea where the software was downloaded to. I was notified almost immediately that the download had completed, but I have no clue where it went. And for kickers, I see that this seems to be a one shot deal. Maybe I should've used my Windows PC. At least then I would know where to look for the download, but Windows PC's can't use the Software, right? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance if anyone can help.Sincerely,heatman5
    For clarification you downloaded the Radio Ra2 Essentials software to your Ipad correct? To my knowledge, the software regardless of it being Essentials or the Inclusive version, is only available for a Windows based PC. The only other option in regards to using it on an Apple device would be to use it on a Mac and use Parallels with Windows. I am not sure if that can be done on an Ipad. Ra2 Select/Caseta on the other hand is programmed using an app on a device such as an Ipad. I hope this helps.

The version that downloads after you complete the training as version 11.6, which is an older version anyway. You can go back to the training, and in the list of courses will be a download link to get the software again. But you need to do the following:1. Make sure you create an account for myLutron. Just google myLutron and there is a login/create account link at the top2. Open a case with your account information for both myLutron and the LCI site and let them know you finished the course and want access to the version 12 software3. In a day or two you should get an email saying it was added to your account on myLutronYou can then download it there, and you will need a Windows computer to install it on. And the PC will need to be on the same subnet/VLAN as the main repeater in order to communicate.If you don’t have a PC, it will work on a Mac with VMware Fusion. That is how I run it.

AustinB, Yes, your assumptions are correct, even though I don't get why I had so many problems on the site, if I were to ultimately be using a Windows PC. Go figure...Shawn Parr, I will be following your advice. A Windows PC is no problem. I'll send the email as you suggest and will take it from there. Thank you.Sincerely,heatman5

@Shawn Parr,I was given the ability to download the Software, but version 11.6 not 12 or 12.3, even though I asked as you suggested. That's not a problem right now, but in the future, it might be needed. Thanks again for your help.Sincerely,heatman5

Quote Originally Posted by heatman5 View Post
    @Shawn Parr,I was given the ability to download the Software, but version 11.6 not 12 or 12.3, even though I asked as you suggested. That's not a problem right now, but in the future, it might be needed. Thanks again for your help.Sincerely,heatman5
    The 3 was a typo. I think the current version is 12.0.1. But you might want to open a new case with them, as if you get any of the 6ND dimmers you need version 12 to activate them.