Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 12.0 software - no updates

12.0 software - no updates

Has anyone noticed that the 12.0 software version hasn't been updated in like 12-18 months? The RRA2 software used to be updated several times a year but a lot of that could have been the new connect bridge. Everything working with my systems so maybe there is no need to provide an update. But had been accustomed to Lutron always adding new features and enhancements. Hoping the lack of software updates doesn't signal an intent not to support the platform anymore. It’s a great product but there is always something better around the corner. We all remember Classic RA and hope this version has a long product life cycle. Cable Dude

2. Likes JWeaverJr liked this post
    It has been discussed here quite a bit. Lutron has been all-in on the Ketra stuff. They have also been developing the myLutron programs. myProjects is great and is going to be even better when they get the bugs worked out. It looks like myBusiness will be online soon. I have no idea what that is. I just hope they don't push the RA2/HQS software to on-line only.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    It has been discussed here quite a bit. Lutron has been all-in on the Ketra stuff. They have also been developing the myLutron programs. myProjects is great and is going to be even better when they get the bugs worked out. It looks like myBusiness will be online soon. I have no idea what that is. I just hope they don't push the RA2/HQS software to on-line only.
    What is myProjects?

myProjects is the on-line only replacement for the Shade Configuration Tool (aka SCT). It includes some RadioRA 2 and HomeWorks QS SKUs.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I just wish I could get access to the 12.0 software. I spent like 3 hours yesterday doing the online level 1 training, and then happily downloaded the 11.6 software offered after completing the exam, only to discover that I couldn't add 6ND dimmers, which then led me to discover that I need 12.0 software. I created an account at myLutron.com and was able to download the 12.0 software, but it says my account doesn't have access, probably because the training account where I completed the course uses a completely separate login system that doesn't seem to be linked in any way to my myLutron.com account, even though both accounts have the same email address. :(

Give it a few days to sync up. You might have to call Customer Support or your local rep to get things straightened out.

I installed 12.2.1 tonight, which is available now for download. It does seem to add some nice devices to essentials, but it kills the home+ app permanently.

@ErikU - any idea if lutron publishes the changelog between versions? I'd like to see what changed from an integration standpoint - I've heard of people having issues with the Home Assistant integration.edit: found it after searching a little harder, but it doesn't talk about any technical details from an integration perspective: http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Service-...Downloads.aspx

Here’s the Lutron changelog, going back all the way to version 6: http://www.lutron.com/PasswordProtec...leaseNotes.pdf (need myLutron account)