Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro companion dimmer - inverted dimming behavior

Maestro companion dimmer - inverted dimming behavior

My home has Maestro MACL 153M-IV installed throughout (or actually an older version of it, with wires coming out of the sides instead of screws). There is a problem with one of the master/companion circuits. The master works correctly. The companion works, but the dimmer rocker operates opposite of what it should: pressing up on the dimmer rocker dims the lights, and pressing down brightens the lights.I have another similar circuit with one master and two companions. The master and one of the companions work correctly on this circuit, but the other companion has the inverted dimmer problem.What's the fix for this?

Wow! I've been installing Lutron for a while and I have never seen that. The only thing I can come up with seems silly. Is the companion installed right-side-up? The rocker should be on the right side of the companion. There is no fix. If the companion is sending the wrong commands to the dimmer the circuit board is damaged or the firmware is faulty. The only option would be to replace it.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

The companion is installed right side up :)But it's so odd that this is happening on TWO of my circuits - you're certain there's no wiring or programming fix to try?

Taking a shot in the dark here... see page 2 of link below. Your devices may have screw terminals or pigtails. Power is attached to the black screw on the first device. Power goes out to the next device/load via the brass screw/red pigtail. The blue screw/pigtail is used for communication between the devices. I normally use the red wire for communication because it is easier to trace through the circuit. You could get some weirdness if the communication wire got crossed. Also - if your device has a neutral, you have to use it and it has to be the device closest to the load. Make sure you have only 1 dimmer in each circuit. Dimming a dimmer can cause weirdness too. http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...93_Page_18.pdf
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com