Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Locking a keypad from a button

Locking a keypad from a button

Does anyone know if we use as an example button 1 on a 3s hold to enable the Security mode and have security mode set to Lock devices including that keypad will that stop us unlocking the keypad? Scenario is a client wants the kids keypad locked when they press a lock button on that keypad, this is to stop them adjusting the current scene or lighting setup, if it was just one scene then it would be easy as I could set the light level via security mode. I had hoped there might be the option to lock a area but it looks to be scene control, not sure what the unaffected option would do on there? I do not have a current demo setup in the office and the job is 100+ miles away so can't play with it to see what works or dose not. This could all be done via our Control4 system but I like to keep as much of the control in the Lutron processor and not use the integration to do it if I can avoid it. Any help or ideas would be good

You don't need security mode. On the program screen, navigate to the keypad, click on the HOLD tab. Select "devices" from the "Show all" drop-down. You can then pick and the keypads you want to lock. They will remain locked until they receive an unlock command. You will need a button somewhere, or a timed event to unlock them individually or as a group.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com